What's new

Two evening hunts...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2013
Messages
1,680
Reaction score
1,690
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hot here, so i have just hunted a few hours before dark this last two evenings. This area is a small field with some civil war history.....also located right behind a 1900 house. I used the AT gold the first evening and Explorer SE the second. Here are a few of the better finds:
 

Attachments

  • newtown finds 1.webp
    newtown finds 1.webp
    164.2 KB · Views: 225
  • newtown finds 2.webp
    newtown finds 2.webp
    142.5 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 46
IH , silver , bullets and what looks like a dog tag to me . Oh yea that's a good day
 
That would be a good day for me.
 
The CS piece is rather interesting.

Yep....i sat there on the ground staring at it for a while....My first thoughts were some kind of C.S. (confederate) saddle tag or badge. But after some studying it....i beleive it may be an old cattle tag with someones initials (CS) on it......kinda ironic.
 
SWEATING AND SWEATING AS I LOOK FOR SOME SITE. DIGGING VA HITS A SPOT WITH CIVIL WAR RELICS AND SOME OTHER FINDS. SLOWLY EMERGES UP OUT OF THE GROUND LAST KNOWN RELICS FROM SOLDIERS WHO ARE NO LONGER AROUND. SMALL PISTOL AND BULLETS AND CONFEDERATE DISC ALL MAKE A DAY OF HUNTING WELL WORTH THE HEAT AND THE RISK.
 
I love the little derringer cap gun. My dad found one just like it years ago.
 
Looks like a great time !!!! :icon_thumleft:
 
Congratulations on the very interesting array of historical finds!
 
Civil War relics + silver = great hunt. :)
 
looks like you've got a pretty good little spot.
 
I found one the same little guns. A toy from 70s if I remember correctly.
 
good group of finds, nice job on the silver!
 
Nice silver and relics! A great hunt!
 
Great looking digs!
 
You did well. It is hot and the mosquitos are ferocious . That being said I might give it a go tomorrow. Your targets are good and it looks like it has not been hunted?
 
Nice finds! Toy guns and Civil War relics, gotta love it. Always nice to see some local relics, thanks for the view.
 
What a feel-good day!

Excellent hunting.... silver and all!!

I got bit in the head by deer-flies today while hunting... but the lure of treasure was enough to keep going too!

Cheers

Pete
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom