🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Two funny objects

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had found these two objects years ago, and saw them again yesterday. But what are they?
Rings, something for horses, or what I sure don't know.

1.JPG 2.JPG

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    416.9 KB · Views: 22

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How interesting. When you say "found" do you mean "dug" and in America?

Those are what are known as "amulet rings" and they're African. They're said to give protection by transferring the power/characteristics of the animal represented to the person wearing them. Here's a similar example to the first of yours (something from the antelope family) but more crudely made, priced at $50 on an African art website:

Amulet.jpg

Upvote 7
OP
OP
woody50

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How interesting. When you say "found" do you mean "dug" and in America?

Those are what are known as "amulet rings" and they're African. They're said to give protection by transferring the power/characteristics of the animal represented to the person wearing them. Here's a similar example to the first of yours (something from the antelope family) but more crudely made, priced at $50 on an African art website:

View attachment 2054451
No not found, I have been busy cleaning up my data base and seeing what I have not put into it. I was looking in a box that I had finds in, and saw these. But where from? Don't know. I cannot remember finding them, only finding them in my collection. So I don't know what they are, but thanks for telling me. Very funny. Thanks Red-Coat

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread