Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two half's today! Buff, silver ring, and wheat

Just got home, I'm starving. I couldn't stop to eat, ha lol. I can't see the dates yet on both half's. One is a 1942, the other I can't see, both are Walking Liberty Half Dollars. 1938 Buffalo Nickel, a boy scout button cover and a kiddiegem silver ring still attached to the club member badge. How cool is that, I found one of those rings last summer, they are vintage 40's from Sarah Coventry
Enjoy the pix, I'll post clean stuff later, I'm hungry!
HH & GL
Brad 1435173097812.jpg 1435173146367.jpg

Upvote 14

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...five years and I can't find ONE of those Walkers.

That's crazy man, good job!

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to find at least one Walker before i kick the bucket. Awesome digs..

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Said I wanted to see your half number ten and you one-upped that. Congrats!

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Typical early 1900's swimming hole you got there. The floating swim platform couldn't have been far away. Good job man!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Within a week you can wrap them up in a roll... then show them to the CRH guys, they will be just as happy and excited as us.
Lets hope so.

I am going to have to quit commenting because I have ran out of things to say about your halves lol. Will just start liking your original post.
Thanks dave

I've been following all these finds you've been able to uncover lately and ya know? That ain't half bad!! ;)

WTG!
Thanks Gary

Wow just wow
Thanks

another great haul!

How do you clean your silver?
Thank you
I zap them in baking soda, lemon juice for one minute, then clean with baking soda paste

Brad I'm just tired of seeing all these halves. I'm sure I'm not alone when I ask that you get to the bottom of why so many halves are in that lake....ship ballast? Dive weights? A rich fella went swimming and drowned? A US treasure galleon went down carrying silver? A Russian hot air balloon stealing American silver crash landed?

We demand answers!

Congrats buddy. Keep 'em coming!
I think someone dropped a roll of them

...five years and I can't find ONE of those Walkers.

That's crazy man, good job!
I bet you have found allot of stuff I have yet to find, I still haven't found a seated (real not counterfeit)

I just want to find at least one Walker before i kick the bucket. Awesome digs..
I hope you find a bunch of them.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You are kicking butt!!

About all the Half's... I can tell you a little story about one beach we maybe pulled 30 from last year. Talking to a few of the old timers they informed us during the 50's it was like a summer thing to have contests on the 4th of July. One was to toss out several Half's and the kids would dive, or scramble to get them.. Could beeee

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
10 foot by 10 foot area? Could it be that you found some sort of wishing well type place?

Or is this someplace that gets serious wash into it (and the heavy stuff just settles out?)

Skippy

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man thats just awesome,That must have been some hot spot in the 40'S congrats brother.....:occasion14:

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are kicking butt!!

About all the Half's... I can tell you a little story about one beach we maybe pulled 30 from last year. Talking to a few of the old timers they informed us during the 50's it was like a summer thing to have contests on the 4th of July. One was to toss out several Half's and the kids would dive, or scramble to get them.. Could beeee
They were all but one Franklin Half, under the pier, that pier has been the focal point since the start of that lake. Maybe way back when something cost 50 cents to do, boat rides?

10 foot by 10 foot area? Could it be that you found some sort of wishing well type place?

Or is this someplace that gets serious wash into it (and the heavy stuff just settles out?)

Skippy
Drops from the pier, there is no current

Man thats just awesome,That must have been some hot spot in the 40'S congrats brother.....:occasion14:
Thanks park pirate.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds !!!! Great halfs !!! Love those marbles too, I think they fell out of my head!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread