What's new

Two interesting decorative pieces. Any ideas?

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
1,931
Reaction score
3,183
Golden Thread
1
Location
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these two items right next to each other behind an old cellar hole (i think early 1800s/late 1700s). One of them is broken, which I didn't realize until I got home. The red lines indicate a small hole which something must have at one time gone through. As you can see that area is rusted on one of them so it makes me think they were mounted on something.

I'm stumped...thanks for the help!
 

Attachments

  • 2012-03-19_19-00-26_489.webp
    2012-03-19_19-00-26_489.webp
    81 KB · Views: 260
probably decorative pieces off of something like this turn of the century oil lamp chandelier .
 

Attachments

  • fixture.webp
    fixture.webp
    113.8 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0
I agree with reale bill, the holes are where they were mounted on the main part with a screw. Stainless steel wasn't invented until sometime after the turn of the 20th century, I believe in the teens sometime. Hence the rusted areas areond the screw holes.
By the way welcome to the forum bill! :hello:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom