Two King George I Hibernia and two Indians

Ken C

Nov 18, 2017
Mt. Wolf, PA
Detector(s) used
Deus II / Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a really good day today. I dug two King George I Hibernia and I think they are both 1723 (1722-1724). I also dug two Indians, a 1863 and a 1878 and took the drone out on it's first hunt with us. (New Jersey)

Video of the first KG being dug:
https://www.facebook.com/Detectoristdotcom/videos/886298564873218/

january20kgar.jpg

january20kga.jpg

january20kgbr.jpg

january20kgb.jpg

january20drobe.jpg

january20kenjpg.jpg

january20indian1878.jpg

january20indian1863.jpg

january20kall.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 11
Well done on the coppers, great start to the season.

Heck of a good hunt !!:occasion14:

Congrats on the Woods Hibernia coins. :occasion14:

nice finds congrats! I have been thinking about those drones too.

Amazing Ken C! Cool drone photo too. So happy for you.

Nice finds. I just ordered a DJI Spark drone. Figured there is plenty of room in my field permissions to play around with it and take some good pics/video

Congratualtions on the old coin shooting! :occasion14:

The holes look drilled not punched. Perhaps a couple of keepsakes, perhaps not. Lots of history surrounding coins manufactured by Woods. Certainly a good read.

Congrats

The holes look drilled not punched. Perhaps a couple of keepsakes, perhaps not. Lots of history surrounding coins manufactured by Woods. Certainly a good read.

Congrats

It's weird, I've dug 3 of these in less than a month at the same site. All King George I Hibernia, all 1723, 2 with dents and 1 with a hole. I don't think it's a case of someone recently losing them as this field has produced more than 20+ 1700s coins and 50+ 1800s coins. I do think that all 3 must have been lost at the same time, or around the same time. I would love to know the scenario on how they ended up in the ground for so many years. The 1760 KG II Counterstamp I have as my photo came from this site too.

Awesome hunt and nice photos.

It's weird, I've dug 3 of these in less than a month at the same site. All King George I Hibernia, all 1723, 2 with dents and 1 with a hole. I don't think it's a case of someone recently losing them as this field has produced more than 20+ 1700s coins and 50+ 1800s coins. I do think that all 3 must have been lost at the same time, or around the same time. I would love to know the scenario on how they ended up in the ground for so many years. The 1760 KG II Counterstamp I have as my photo came from this site too.

Haha, if only coins could talk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back