Two more Gold. I need to let them Grow Up a Bit More!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got out again today for a dive. Silver coins escaped being under my coil. However a couple of small silver pendents didn't with small silver chains. Ring with the green stone is 10K and the STE 28 ring is 14K. Total weight is 4.60 grams Nothing much new this dive. Same stuff different day. The two brass bracelets are a little different. Still moving the muck around. Hopefully I will have most of it downstream in a few more months.

Last edited:
Upvote 13
Nice !
GM key looks like the sixties ,( No memory prior for my youthful self...)

Who ever dropped the row/ oar lock sure would have wished you were around back then.

Jewelry pile lookin good.

Nice !

Who ever dropped the row/ oar lock sure would have wished you were around back then.

Close, this key was made by Briggs and Stratton. They made ignition switches for GM cars from the 1920's - 1950's.

Nice collection of goods there, Scuba..Double gold for the day has got to feel preeetyy gooood...congrats, Ddf.

Close, this key was made by Briggs and Stratton. They made ignition switches for GM cars from the 1920's - 1950's.

Had a school mate that scrounged the dump ground for car keys in sixties. Claimed that there was only 16 different keys to fit all the big 3 auto's cars.

Nice going on the day's take once again. Gold is gold no matter the size.

Nice !

GM key would go even earlier than the 60's but used all through the 60's that I remember.

I remember being able to take the key out of the ignition while driving.
And jumping the solenoid on one of my Fords with a pocket knife to start it.:laughing7:

I remember being able to take the key out of the ignition while driving.
And jumping the solenoid on one of my Fords with a pocket knife to start it.:laughing7:
Well there you have it. It is 50'S a least I also remember the removable key. As well as the LOCK position that required the key but if it did not go all the way to lock you could start it with out a key at all. Not that it mattered because a lot of cars would start with anyones key.!

Well there you have it. It is 50'S a least I also remember the removable key. As well as the LOCK position that required the key but if it did not go all the way to lock you could start it with out a key at all. Not that it mattered because a lot of cars would start with anyones key.!

And....plenty of folks left their key in the ignition ....to avoid the fate of ScubaDetectors finds!

A simpler time, crime wise.

And....plenty of folks left their key in the ignition ....to avoid the fate of ScubaDetectors finds!

A simpler time, crime wise.
The old movies where the Rebel Teens hot-wired cars to steal them crack me up. All you had to do was wiggle any GM key in the lock and you were off like a Prom Dress

Good day scuba nice gold. You are going to turn into a Gold fish LOL

Good day scuba nice gold. You are going to turn into a Gold fish LOL

Some people think I already have! Thanks. It is a great day when you see gold at the bottom of a hole, or in my hand. I love diving and finding stuff like this.

Another day on nice finds Scuba! All things that people thought were gone forever. You always have an interesting mix of finds that come up. Gold today, silver tomorrow maybe, who knows? Good Luck! Keep finding the stuff!:icon_thumright:

0516f9978f717d981373abdbe746c8d64448fa-wm.jpg

Another day on nice finds Scuba! All things that people thought were gone forever. You always have an interesting mix of finds that come up. Gold today, silver tomorrow maybe, who knows? Good Luck! Keep finding the stuff!:icon_thumright:

Are you a fortune teller??? You are right! Silver today. Will post in a few.

Great score!! Congrats on the finds..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back