What's new

Two more hammered silvers

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Two more hammered said hello to me this afternoon. A penny of one of the Edwards 14th century. Think it's Durham mint, the mint mark looks a little different. A small bent farthing size hammered, no id yet. Artifact wise, what looks like some type of toggle, and a Georgian buckle. Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7733.webp
    IMG_7733.webp
    209 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 28
Killing it again with the hammereds.... :hello2:
 
They are always welcome! Wish you luck!
 
Congrats on your hammered & relics!
 
Amazing that is history I love seeing your posts Great Job!!!!
 
Congratualtions on the cool relic and coin finds!
 
The never ending hammered field...:laughing7:

SS
 
Nice finds! Just don't find the hammered in the Midwest.
 
Your hammered count is like our scrappy count!

I think that buckle, from memory, is just pre-Georgian.
 
This is a the hammered penny cleaned a little. Looks like a Durham mint coin of Edward 11, 1307-27 maybe. The mint mark at 12 o clock on the obverse looks a little strange though. Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7734ed2.webp
    IMG_7734ed2.webp
    131 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7735.webp
    IMG_7735.webp
    146.9 KB · Views: 74
Your hammered count is like our scrappy count!

I think that buckle, from memory, is just pre-Georgian.
Should be more to come Cru, . If you've got any old pigeon rings, put them on ebay. There fetching silly money.:thumbsup:
 
Should be more to come Cru, . If you've got any old pigeon rings, put them on ebay. There fetching silly money.:thumbsup:

I noticed, I assume you mean the 1940s aluminium type.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom