59.4 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0
OP
OP
badandy

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Your welcome for the info. It does get tiresome looking at all the rocks trying to find that one that has been worked, but when you find that one it's sooooo worth it!

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye...............

OP
OP
badandy

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
GoldFever said:
I love finding them myself. I have found some flawless ones. Where do you look for yours? I find them in coenfields. Very Nice.
Waterways my friend! Here is a point from the same creek and it's wafer thin!

Attachments

• columbia creek.jpg
    columbia creek.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 261

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye. Do you ever have many occassions that you don't find any ? I mean do you always find at least one every time you go out ?

OP
OP
badandy

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Sometimes you may not find one at all or even broken ones. I try to go where I know there will be at least something. I walked 4 hours before I found those and that was all I found. Just don't give up the once in a lifetime find my be on the next cornor or gravel bar, maybe even a field. Tuff it out as long as you can and I promise you will find something. If you don't maybe I'll take ya to one of my best spots, that's a big maybe! LOL

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
That's definitely the right attitude to have! Some days I'll come back with only a broken one or a shard of pottery. other days I have come back with 2 complete axe heads and a dozen whole arrowheads. If you look long and hard enough you'll find them!!!!!!!!

HH

Steven

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread