What's new

Two Pennies today

edlynne

Full Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
198
Reaction score
170
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP, Ace 250, XP deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got out, found two pennies, one 1874 Indian Head and the other I could not identify as it was in pretty bad shape. Put the second coin in a peroxide bath, (I know some don't suggest it) but finally able to identify. I can not see date but it is a flying eagle penny. As you can see only the outline can be seen, and no date. Still excited to have found it. Any ideas on a way to try to see date. Also it does not appear that the word Liberty is written on band of indian head coin, I am surprised I cannot see any letter as the coin is in pretty good shape. Thanks
penny front.webppenny back.webp
 
Upvote 26
Much better than the 2 pennies I saw dug today:laughing7:
Congrats!
 
Nice job. Found my first Flying Eagle last week and it looks like a twin to that one.
 
Great finds Im still snowed in!!!
 
Either thats not a real IHP or most likely someone was bored and altered the coin. Nice find
 
The FE still evades my coil. That Indian Head is unique. Congrats on digging those 2 keepers. :occasion14:
 
Congratualtions on the old copper!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom