What's new

Two Ring Day for Excalibur

Tony in FL

Full Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2009
Messages
220
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's saltwater hunt turned up two rings. Both are unmarked which is unusual. The silver one was completely blackened until I took a green scratchy to it. There is still plenty of tarnish but based on how it is cleaning up I suspect it is sterling silver. The gold ring weighed in at almost 8 grams and an acid test suggests 14K.

:occasion14:

HH!
 

Attachments

  • 10_21_10 finds (1).webp
    10_21_10 finds (1).webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,217
  • 10_21_10 finds (2).webp
    10_21_10 finds (2).webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,215
  • 10_21_10 finds (3).webp
    10_21_10 finds (3).webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,211
  • 10_21_10 finds (4).webp
    10_21_10 finds (4).webp
    25 KB · Views: 1,216
Upvote 0
You did well. Nice tickets. WTG
 
Nice finds. :icon_thumleft:
I like seeing those egg shaped lead weights because they are often hanging out with the gold. ;D
 
Wonderful finds!

It still saddens me to see how cheap our coinage has gotten. Those pennies take no time at all todissolve into a meaningless mass. :(
 
:icon_thumright:

congrats on the rings...nice weight on the gold

herb
 
Thanks everyone! I have been hunting for about a year now and feel I have come a long way. This is a fantastic hobby. :icon_thumright:
 
Very nice Tony.... Keep it up!
But you didnt post any particulars, not what beach, but rather how deep and in how much water..
 
very nice!!!!!!!!!!
 
Very nice ,Congrats :thumbsup:
 
Silver Surfer said:
Very nice Tony.... Keep it up!
But you didnt post any particulars, not what beach, but rather how deep and in how much water..

Thanks! I went out shortly after low tide while the water was coming in, probably no more than a foot or so water depth on both targets. As for how deep - not sure as my scoop is fairly big and I did not really keep track.
 
Silver and gold always makes for a good hunt.
Congratulations...both are nice looking rings.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Nice tickets, is that the machine you sent in?
 
Les West Central Fl said:
Nice tickets, is that the machine you sent in?

Thanks Les! Yes those were found with the machine I sent in toward the end of last month, so it may be a while yet before I get it back, hoping sometime next month. I have been thinking I may need to get a wet or dry suit pretty soon. Any recommendations?
 
I found a 7 mil wet suit for $199 and a 5 mil wet suit for $179.00 on line. I ordered the 5 mil, one piece, which arrives tomorrow.
 
Really nice finds Tony! Just a note! I used a 3/4 suit and hood the last two outings this past week and yesterday. Lasted 3 hrs and was still comfortable. :hello2:
 
Beautiful gold. The scale is one of the nicest I have owned.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom