What's new

Two rolls of silver from the local bank!

Scott (Upstate NY)

Full Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
120
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Classic III, Surf PI, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the local bank and asked for half dollars. The teller gave me what she had-two rolls. As I pulled out a twenty to pay for them, I noticed writing on both rolls "65-69." I thought it was too good to be true and was like a kid at Christmas as I hurried out to the car to confirm my suspicions. Sure enough, every one of the forty coins were 40% silver-not a bad start. I scurried off to 12 more banks and bought another $380 worth of halves of which 3 more coins were 40%.

Finally went to my credit union to dump the undesirables so that I could make another run tomorrow-Friday. Can't see making a living doing this but it sure is an exciting hobby with some profits.
 
Upvote 0
Re: another day of CRH

Welcome to the Full Roll of Silver CLub I just Joined also.
With a Full roll of 40%'s also ;D
This is the only hobby I can think of thats Cheep in a sence Kinda pays for it self on my end atm.
Im Sure this will Change in the Future with More People Joining the hobby everyday.

Good luck
CC
 
Re: another day of CRH

Those are the % we all dream about!
WTG!
 
Thanks.......

I have found it more fruitful to search customers' rolls than the FED rolls. The very next day yielded a loose bag of $62.50 worth of halves of which I found 26 silver coins-3 of them 1964. The bank after that I received 6 rolls of customers' and found 12 silver coins.......not to mention the other 300 dollars worth that yielded 3 silver coins. In the first three days of CRH.....total searched=$1200=yield of 76 silver and two proof coins. Next search day will be next payday.
 
I have to say this method of getting silver coinage is a lot easier than detecting and digging for hours and days. Would be a great way to increase your silver collection. There was a casino owner that saved all his silver when they swithed to clad i think he was Binion's owner.
 
Very nice Scott
I agree hand rolls are always better then feds
I have found a total of 10 solid rolls with hand rolls.
Way to go!!!
hh
gl
dan :headbang:
 
Me too, have found more total in Boxes in my now just over 4 months CRH'in but my single best find was 21 Solid Silver rolls (minus 1 clad snuck in in 1 roll) from one Banks customer turned in hand rolls; they was all %40's. Think it worked out to be about 63 ounces of Silver, my best single Box produced 264 , 38.5 ounces Silver.
 
last active Feb 05, 2008, 08:34:40 AM
Posted Jun 07, 2007, 06:37:21 PM

why did you feel the need to bump this?
 
d2arcing said:
last active Feb 05, 2008, 08:34:40 AM
Posted Jun 07, 2007, 06:37:21 PM

why did you feel the need to bump this?

I was wondering the same thing. I have been on this site for over a year and I never heard of the OP.

I guess people like looking through the archives?

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom