TWO SIGNS LEFT TO I.D. MINE, AS SPANISH, FRENCH, OR JESUIT.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O man. The second pic shows me standing on the same level as the vault floor. The opening that Weekender was kneeling in, in the earlier set of pics, is just off to my left ( the right side of the pic).

As to the elevation, it's a little confusing, as we had to lower ourselves down from the top of the bluff line with a rope, then climb back up the hill to get to that level. So I think it is nearer to the top than to the bottom of the newly transformed bluff line.
If you look around in both pics, you can see several scrape marks, where large stones have rubbed against the remaining stones.
One of the scrapes lines up with the
"Doorway" to the vault. I measured the door area and compared those dimensions to stones below the level that I stood in the second pic.

We found one that was as wide and a few that were tall enough but too short

These differences and the debris field tend to be evidence that there was a large amount of water blown thru the cracks and crevasses, and may have scattered anything that was in there very far away. That's why we went downward with our detectors...
Weekender went much farther than I went ( I was completely worn out and had to stay close to the cool rocks to keep from overheating. My legs were very near complete shutdown.

The truth of the matter is, that Weekender made at least three trips back up the hill to his four-wheeler taking his pack the first time and coming back to the point that I had made, twice as I pulled my way up the rope that he had tied near the top of the steep incline then once to get the rope, and I think one more time to get my last small pack and had it all strapped down before I made it back.

That was when we declared "No more summer trips..."
Far too dangerous for me.

All that being said... I'm glad that we didn't give up on the site. We may never find any silver, but he will know enough after our next trip to carry on without me if my health continues to decline to the point that can not go any longer.

This story is too important to let it die.

#/:0{>~

P. S. There is a corner in the bluff line,
But no, we don't see anything that makes us think that the vault turns back in that direction.

Yet.

Last edited:

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
There's a cave on the buffalo river that you have to rope down to. I was supposed to be shown where the cave was and go explore it but never made it.

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Yes it would be good if I knew a bit closer where it was. It's out past snowball some where. I do know of several caves in snowball and been through them. Most you can't get into now. One had dates and names drew in the clay that where close to a hundred years ago.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485322420.799786.jpg

Any ideas what this was made for?!?

Again, a Weekender find. The bluff drops off "pretty close" behind it.... Clearly not natural, and worth another look.

#/;0{>~

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485322420.799786.jpg

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O-man, we didn't study this very well.
We had work to do, down below, and even that became abbreviated due to the heat.

#/;0{>~

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
It gets pretty hot in the woods. The leaves hold the heat in and not a whole lot of air moving either.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weekender, we need to go back to that spot and pull some brush off and get a few measurements and maybe an azimuth.

I'm thinking... Maybe the diamond is a counterweight for a cantilever type crane... Of some sort.

I didn't remember it was that close to the nest, up until you said " tripod ", I had them separated in my mind.

That spot may turn into a project all by itself!

See why I trust your instincts?!?

#/80{>~

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post 767 , the pic next to the bottom...
If my memory is correct, Weekender called it a " nest ".

It does look like a nest.

On the other hand, there was an incredible amount of water, or some other force, that may have removed some of the support from below and caused a collapse.
Possible, yet not probable....
.... Yeah, the whole site falls into that same bucket.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485385017.832698.jpg

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485402012.559470.jpg mikel & weekender this is a picture of the top of a table top rock I cleaned off. Just wanting to see if there might be some thing on it. I found this after studying it for a while almost missed it.

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orangeman. That is the reason that I carry a small hand-broom in my pack.

I haven't had many chances to use it, but if I leave it out.... That's when I'll need it.

Your pic is a good reminder to get those shots while I can, thanks.

#/;0{>~

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
shame you guys arent any closer to S/W MO north of branson

OP
OP
PROSPECTORMIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one obsession at a time..

Even at that you still got my attention.

#/;0{>~

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just kind of hit an impasse at my area, not sure if yall had read any of my thread in this forum

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread