What's new

Two silver dime's.

65vanman

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
454
Reaction score
3,085
Golden Thread
0
Location
Meriden CT.
Detector(s) used
Minelab manticore/ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to a highWay entrance near me. I believe there was a house there before the highway was built. I found a 1917 Mercury dime, 1948 Roosevelt dime,1948 wheat cent. Key, and I am not sure what the piece with the mother of pearl is.
IMG_20260308_132056732.webp
IMG_20260308_132116331.webp
 
Upvote 19
Nicely done ✔️
Thanks. I am going back next weekend. I only had a few hours today. Hopefully there's still some good things to be found there.
 
Nice going and you just never know where all our leads come from
 
I went to a highWay entrance near me. I believe there was a house there before the highway was built. I found a 1917 Mercury dime, 1948 Roosevelt dime,1948 wheat cent. Key, and I am not sure what the piece with the mother of pearl is.View attachment 2246779View attachment 2246780
In 1950 a gallon of gasoline cost you $.20 cents, or 5 gallons for a dollar bill. Today, those same two silver dimes will still buy you a gallon of gasoline, while the dollar bill will get you about one quart. Ish.
 
Nice job on the two silvers.
 
Excellent finds - congrats !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom