Two sites, nothing much

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out with my new Xterra Pro today spent two hours hunting at the first site, built in the early 1900's. I was hoping for a coin older than my oldest find a 1949 wheat penny. I found a wheat penny, but no visible date. Didn't find much else. I'll get back there once we cut the grass.

01000551.jpg

Second site: Spent two hours swinging at this site. This one usually gives up a toy car every time. Today was no different. Found a few more modern coins, nails, and some other trash like pull tabs.

01000548.jpg 01000549.jpg 01000552.jpg

I've learned that the Xterra Pro is not like my other two detectors (MT-XR, Ace Apex). I need to spend more time getting to know the machine and it's tones. No doubt it will become my main detector. The nails, pull tabs, and coins were more than 8 inches deep.

The Xterra is a keeper in my book.

Upvote 8

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds !
When you get a new detector it's like learning a new language - it takes time.
We're finally getting into some good weather in our part of the Country.
Good Luck this season !

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're off to a good start. Just as you stated, keep swinging that Xterra Pro and learn it well.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out with my new Xterra Pro today spent two hours hunting at the first site, built in the early 1900's. I was hoping for a coin older than my oldest find a 1949 wheat penny. I found a wheat penny, but no visible date. Didn't find much else. I'll get back there once we cut the grass.

View attachment 2078016

Second site: Spent two hours swinging at this site. This one usually gives up a toy car every time. Today was no different. Found a few more modern coins, nails, and some other trash like pull tabs.

View attachment 2078017 View attachment 2078018 View attachment 2078019

I've learned that the Xterra Pro is not like my other two detectors (MT-XR, Ace Apex). I need to spend more time getting to know the machine and it's tones. No doubt it will become my main detector. The nails, pull tabs, and coins were more than 8 inches deep.

The Xterra is a keeper in my book.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

shawn1980

May 13, 2023
I have an old wheat penny that does not have a date on it. This is my first time hear but was hoping for some info on this coin?

OP
OP
sibbley

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Apparently, coins can be struck with no date by accident. As I've just read a grease filled die can cause this. However, looking at the pic you posted it appears that there are scrape marks in the area of where the date should be. I am no expert though. Google penny with no date to find some interesting reading on the subject.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread