Two things I noticed yesterday

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
There's two things I noticed yesterday:

First, Nick Papageorgio is gone. I found this out when I tried PMing him. I'll miss him, for sure! Nick, if you're still checking in as a guest, I hope all is well! :wink:

Second, if you click on the "Popular" link up top at the main menu, you will get a list of the forums ranked by popularity. Of all the state forums, Illinois is first. That's something we can all be proud of!

HH!

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Well if Nick is gone it can only mean one thing. He cashed in all his Missouri tokens and is looking for an apartment somewhere in between the woods and the city parks. :headbang:

IL. Rules!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
litefire56 said:
Well if Nick is gone it can only mean one thing. He cashed in all his Missouri tokens and is looking for an apartment somewhere in between the woods and the city parks. :headbang:

IL. Rules!

or. . . he's on a move to Illinois ;D

Nick we all miss you!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kimsdad said:
There's two things I noticed yesterday:

First, Nick Papageorgio is gone.  I found this out when I tried PMing him.  I'll miss him, for sure!  Nick, if you're still checking in as a guest, I hope all is well!  :wink:

Second, if you click on the "Popular" link up top at the main menu, you will get a list of the forums ranked by popularity.  Of all the state forums, Illinois is first.  That's something we can all be proud of!

HH!

Strange.... Where's Nick ? Your right all his post are gone.....

NICK you will be missed.....................

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nick may be across the pond at his other home?!?
It's good having support from membes from other states. We even accept glad-handing from cheeseheads!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nick was banned by t-Net. This site can really be a load of crap sometimes. Trying to project their standards on those smarter than them, makes no sense whatsoever. It's amazing the words they chose to censor, words that have no negative connotation at all when used properly. Some of these mods need to enroll in some classes.

Joe

P.S. Have a great day!

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
watercolor said:
litefire56 said:

IL. Rules!

or. . . he's on a move to Illinois ;D

Nick we all miss you!

Yeah that's what I meant...shoulda said between "da camp and Goio Park"

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
Yeah, like Joe said, Nicky's gone - account and posts deleted.

I talked to him this evening. He said to tell all of you hello.

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twistidd said:
Nick was banned by t-Net. This site can really be a load of crap sometimes. Trying to project their standards on those smarter than them, makes no sense whatsoever. It's amazing the words they chose to censor, words that have no negative connotation at all when used properly. Some of these mods need to enroll in some classes.

Joe

P.S. Have a great day!
Sorry I'm always a day late- Please explain BANNED by T-NET Thank you..
BillT.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Banned???
You gotta be kidding! What the hell could he have done or said that got him kicked out. I always looked forward to his elegant posts and replies. maybe we should petition to get him reinstated?
Mike

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Hey Neil, don't forget to call him out on his wish to hunt with the A-list up this way one of these days! We'll miss his unique take on the view from the outside.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
mikewaz said:
Banned???
You gotta be kidding! What the hell could he have done or said that got him kicked out. I always looked forward to his elegant posts and replies. maybe we should petition to get him reinstated?
Mike

Mike,

BuckleBoy told me he was banned because, in the little area beneath his screen name, he added something explicit. Nothing vulgar, just "inappropriate". Like, the mods don't know who this guy is and couldn't give him a warning. I've seen some people here doing a whole lot worse, yet they stick around because they wear their grease-stained tee-shirts depicting wolves and bald eagles and American flags, Red Dog hats, sweat pants, and dirty old white sneakers.

You know, it's just a website forum, I understand that. It's not the end of the world. It's the principle that matters, and I don't feel like I should be talked down to from...whoever runs this site. I am very willing to follow the rules if and when the rules are reasonable.

I hope Nick can make it back some way.

Joe

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
Lowbatts said:
Hey Neil, don't forget to call him out on his wish to hunt with the A-list up this way one of these days! We'll miss his unique take on the view from the outside.
On the bright side, he's thinking of doing a trip to Chicago this summer with the Mrs. and might get some detecting time in with us! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

twistidd said:
Mike,
BuckleBoy told me he was banned because, in the little area beneath his screen name, he added something explicit. Nothing vulgar, just "inappropriate". Like, the mods don't know who this guy is and couldn't give him a warning. I've seen some people here doing a whole lot worse, yet they stick around because they wear their grease-stained tee-shirts depicting wolves and bald eagles and American flags, Red Dog hats, sweat pants, and dirty old white sneakers.

You know, it's just a website forum, I understand that. It's not the end of the world. It's the principle that matters, and I don't feel like I should be talked down to from...whoever runs this site. I am very willing to follow the rules if and when the rules are reasonable.

I hope Nick can make it back some way.
Joe
I think Nick made a "statement" about a double-standard that seems to exist with regard to a certain female member of T-Net, and her avatar and pic that accentuates a certain feature of her anatomy. This was after a male member's post was removed for posting his finds with the cover of Maxim magazine as the background. Nick felt that this was an injustice. Apparently some felt the way he made his statement was inappropriate.

I hope he doesn't mind me explaining this for him. I am not going to be any more specific with regard to the other party involved, as I'm sure we are being watched and I don't want to stir up any more trouble for either party. My opinion is that I think it's great that MD'ing and T-Net is enjoyed by both guys and gals, and I think it should be a safe place for the ladies to post. I really don't think it's a place for glamour shots, and I have noticed a tongue-wagging double standard from time to time that I don't like, either.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Sorry! New Yorker budding in from Montana!

Nick...

I think you got hosed and should have been warned before being dispatched with extreme prejudice. I dunno, maybe you were.

I can't believe you were booted for trying to keep the place a little better.

In addition - I agree with you completely but know if I tell the entire story I'll be banned too, or called a liar... come back when you can and don't let the one person push your buttons anymore. There is a triple standard here apparently... all depending on someone's mood. Just blow it off and come on back when you can.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Neil,

This is not a place for glamour shots?? Aw man, does that mean I have to lose the Richard simmons pic? lol.

Joe

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nicky is a huge part of Tnet. We'll all miss him.

I do believe that Nick ASKED to have his account deleted. It was his choice.

I'm proud of being a member of TreasureNet. It is a "safe place" where you don't see the trash you see on other sites. It's not a dating site...even though there's been many tnet relationships. The women who come here....who don't hunt for anything except for men and attention....don't get an ounce of my respect. I could post cheesecake shots, too, but I think it's a pathetic way of making people like you.

It bothers me too....but not enough to quit Tnet. I just don't give them the attention they're seeking.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Is this an Illinois forum or a "Why did Nick get gone forum"?

Just remember, when talking on the EE forum or elsewhere, twirl your hair with one finger, chew gum and think out loud,
"Like, you know, you go Guyfriend!"
or
"X's & O's, BMDFF"
don't forget
"Like, texting is hard, ya knowww!"

Then occaisonally throw in something about your cup size and get mad and storm about if someone icky repsonds.

Don't forget your pet names, Twisters, Fienders, uhh, Bomberererers....

Hey, me and Trashers had some digs today! I got a pulltab!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lowbatts said:
Is this an Illinois forum or a "Why did Nick get gone forum"?

Just remember, when talking on the EE forum or elsewhere, twirl your hair with one finger, chew gum and think out loud,
"Like, you know, you go Guyfriend!"
or
"X's & O's, BMDFF"
don't forget
"Like, texting is hard, ya knowww!"

Then occaisonally throw in something about your cup size and get mad and storm about if someone icky repsonds.

Don't forget your pet names, Twisters, Fienders, uhh, Bomberererers....

Hey, me and Trashers had some digs today! I got a pulltab!

Hey...I'm the queen of pet names, Batty! :icon_queen: LOL <----Look I'm LOLing

The "problem" goes both ways. There are guys who crave any kind of female attention so they get ridiculous trying to impress....so the blame is not entirely on the female. I do remember a certain mug shot thread that was two or three pages long that had plenty of male activity on it. :tard: :tard: :tard:

Sorry to invade illinois like this. You can invade Pennsylvania any time you want. Remember "You've got a friend in Pennsylvania." :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread