Two tone ferrous

RHoward

Mar 1, 2008
Martin City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTA1000, Money Hunter BFO, Minelab E-Trac & Garrett Pro Pointer
Within the last month I bought an E-trac from Woodland Metal Detctors. Mike is excellent to deal with for anyone wanting to get a new machine. I have been plying a bit with it until the snow melts and reading all the "how to" posts on the E-trac. TTF is an interesting concept and I realized the other day it has been in use since the 1970's. I have been at this "dirt fishing" since 1962. In the late 70's Garrett came out with the Groundhog and it was a TTF machine. The Groundhog would give out a tone when crossing a coin or trash and then you looked at a meter. If the meter went to the right you dug it, if it went to the right you passed it up ergo primative TTF. I liked that machine more then any I have owned since then. Now I have it back with much greater depth
Question: I know you darken out part of the top line to eliminate iron falsing but does any one darken out conductive 1 and 2 to eliminate foil?

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Howard you can eliminate or discriminate what you want in conductive or ferrous, but main point in ferrous that you can use it without discrimination or open screen and hear all the signals including iron. iron will sound low all the rest high. without discrimination detector works faster or a bit faster. good luck Stasys

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say TTF has been around since the 1970s but the etrac is amazing fast and it can find good finds actually under nails, and other iron. It's processor works so fast it will amaze you while in TTF mode

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread