Typical finds from a long forgotten homestead in the mid west.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally try to hunt older home sites (prior to 1900) but today I figured id explore a farm that went away during the 1940s and is nothing more then your typical farm field. It was a little bit too trashy with lots of iron fro my liking ,, but hay its just more of a challenge. Here are some pictures, not much in the way of coins but a lone 1867 IH. Found a real cool Sad Iron that must of been for a child. Model T air cap, cool two piece button, a table fork and what looks like part of a whistle just to the top left of Sad iron. Def, more neat finds to be made and I will be back. DSC00247.JPG DSC00248.JPG DSC00249.JPG DSC00250.JPG

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe it's for collars

What are you looking at in my picture because I a pretty sure I did not find anything like that. Wish I had though. :laughing7:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt its fun hunting old sites ya never know what you will find lots of fun Thanks for sharing pics with us!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering how long it took you to find these, Helix?

Two hours, forgot to bring water but wanted to stay longer. I like to dig everything, I go to a park and as many signals there are there would be 20 holes in a 20' area. We cant do that. This only pertains to my area but if you find older home sites from 1840-1910 that's much better then say a , still being used farm that has been arould this whole time till today. Reason being is, people didn't have much material items back in say 1870. So if place went away in 1910 , theoretically your metal detector will only find stuff before 1910. All the modern trash will mask the older stuff, not that it is not there I just don't want to dig a ton of holes for trash. I am Lazzy:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread