arrowhead883 Jr. Member Joined Feb 6, 2009 Messages 82 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Central Kentucky Mar 7, 2009 #1 Hello, Found this at Great Granddad's farm today. Any ideas? It's got a little weight to it. Thanks! Arrow Attachments IMG_0206.webp 11 KB · Views: 399 IMG_0207.webp 7.7 KB · Views: 385 IMG_0201.webp 8.4 KB · Views: 387 IMG_0206.webp 11 KB · Views: 385 IMG_0207.webp 7.7 KB · Views: 374
Hello, Found this at Great Granddad's farm today. Any ideas? It's got a little weight to it. Thanks! Arrow
RickyP Hero Member Joined Feb 13, 2008 Messages 583 Reaction score 3 Golden Thread 0 Location Prairieville, Louisiana Detector(s) used Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX Mar 7, 2009 #2 No idea arrowhead, but nice find though Upvote 0
arrowhead883 Jr. Member Joined Feb 6, 2009 Messages 82 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Central Kentucky Mar 8, 2009 Thread Owner #3 Thanks Ricky. I still haven't been able to nail it down. CPO (pin?) is as close as I can get. Upvote 0
La Beep Hero Member Joined Feb 15, 2008 Messages 571 Reaction score 11 Golden Thread 0 Location NE Louisiana Detector(s) used Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000 Mar 8, 2009 #4 arrowhead883 said: Thanks Ricky. I still haven't been able to nail it down. CPO (pin?) is as close as I can get. Click to expand... The US Navy Chiefs started wearing the fouled anchor in 1905. The fouling was a chain and not a rope. Upvote 0
arrowhead883 said: Thanks Ricky. I still haven't been able to nail it down. CPO (pin?) is as close as I can get. Click to expand... The US Navy Chiefs started wearing the fouled anchor in 1905. The fouling was a chain and not a rope.
La Beep Hero Member Joined Feb 15, 2008 Messages 571 Reaction score 11 Golden Thread 0 Location NE Louisiana Detector(s) used Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000 Mar 8, 2009 #5 Onhis site I found a few with rope: http://www.quarterdeck.org/uniforms/CPO_HatDevices/HatDevices.htm But all have USN on them. Upvote 0
Onhis site I found a few with rope: http://www.quarterdeck.org/uniforms/CPO_HatDevices/HatDevices.htm But all have USN on them.
L lostcauses Bronze Member Joined Feb 4, 2008 Messages 1,487 Reaction score 34 Golden Thread 0 Mar 8, 2009 #6 looks to be a heart on the top cross bar, maybe a sweetheart item. Upvote 0
east tx digger Full Member Joined Jan 21, 2009 Messages 217 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location chandler, tx Detector(s) used whites xlt Mar 8, 2009 #7 I don't know, but it's cool. Upvote 0
nebstater Hero Member Joined Jul 24, 2007 Messages 912 Reaction score 10 Golden Thread 0 Location Star City Detector(s) used White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 9, 2009 #8 Not sure just what it is, but I'm not convinced that it's military. It appears to be off of a bolo tie and not off of a cap or collar. I agree that it's probably a sweetheart item of some type. Still a nice find. Upvote 0
Not sure just what it is, but I'm not convinced that it's military. It appears to be off of a bolo tie and not off of a cap or collar. I agree that it's probably a sweetheart item of some type. Still a nice find.
ivan salis Platinum Member Joined Feb 5, 2007 Messages 16,836 Reaction score 3,816 Golden Thread 0 Location callahan,fl Detector(s) used delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too Mar 9, 2009 #9 might be a us merchant mariner 's "sweetheart" item Upvote 0
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Mar 9, 2009 #10 I dont have a good pic but dont the WWII black rubber buttons from a Navy coat look like this? ADDED: I found pic of this wooden button from TN member. Attachments button navy.webp 19.1 KB · Views: 245 Upvote 0
I dont have a good pic but dont the WWII black rubber buttons from a Navy coat look like this? ADDED: I found pic of this wooden button from TN member.
arrowhead883 Jr. Member Joined Feb 6, 2009 Messages 82 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Central Kentucky Mar 9, 2009 Thread Owner #11 Re: U.S. Navy or Coast Guard or UPDATE: better pic Hey guys, Thanks for the replies. I thought there was a heart on it as well but after cleaning it up a little better turns out there's no heart on it. Arrow Attachments IMG_0220.webp 16.8 KB · Views: 218 Upvote 0
Re: U.S. Navy or Coast Guard or UPDATE: better pic Hey guys, Thanks for the replies. I thought there was a heart on it as well but after cleaning it up a little better turns out there's no heart on it. Arrow
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Mar 13, 2009 #12 بلَباه said: Just like the teeth of Washington! Click to expand... Attachments smiley.gif 991 bytes · Views: 172 Upvote 0