traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have experienced what you thought was an encounter or sighting, please tell us about it. It seems like there is a lot going on in the skies and oceans around us. Thanks for any contribution you make.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have experienced what you thought was an encounter or sighting, please tell us about it. It seems like there is a lot going on in the skies and oceans around us. Thanks for any contribution you make.
I,ve never had the pleasure of a UFO encounter,strange animals,to wit,bigfoot,yes.Aliens no.I sure would like to hear from those who have.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One occasion 55 years ago now.
Our family was across the road visiting the neighbors and we saw this object.
So the field of view between the hill across the valley was 10 miles as the bird flies.
Living up on the hill gave a good view over the valley.
A regular passenger jet would take quite a few minutes traveling across the visible skyline.
There was no sound to this black craft and it was going across at a real fast speed.
The neighbor yelled grab the field glasses off the table, his wife ran inside to grab them, took just less than 5 seconds and it was gone from our view by the time she got back out on the landing.
The adults all said that was no airplane.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a June 2020 night, and we were camped just on southeast side of Topaz Mountain near Delta, Utah. I had stepped out of camper to make sure everything was ok and the light posted below greeted me. It is hard to tell from the picture for it was fairly dark and I only had my phone, but I estimate it was maybe 3/4 or so miles away and at about 75-100 feet elevation. There are some low hills behind it but they were some distance away. The desert is frying pan flat there. I had shouted for my wife and she did not like it at all and wanted us to go inside. Our dogs were getting upset but I think because she was upset. In a matter of only minutes I got her situated and stepped back outside and it was gone. I went in and out several times and all seemed clear. I went out one more time before bed and looked south of me at a low mountain across the main highway and there was a light near the top. A round light Just sitting there. There is no road to the top of that mountain and the light was not on top but on the side facing me. Now I will admit this was a bit unnerving. I had left my phone in the camper and I did not want to grab it for she would have freaked out if she thought that light had moved that close. It did not look as large as the other but it just sat there. The dogs were getting upset again likely because they sensed something not right with me. I reached in and petted them and looked around and the light was simply gone.
Now I guess it could have been somebody just having a grand old time with us. But I looked at the mountain during the daylight and no idea how they got up there, unless a road from the other side. So file this one under I have no idea but just a strange night in Utah. Likely just somebody having a joke, eh?

Attachments

• Utah Light.JPG
    Utah Light.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One occasion 55 years ago now.
Our family was across the road visiting the neighbors and we saw this object.
So the field of view between the hill across the valley was 10 miles as the bird flies.
Living up on the hill gave a good view over the valley.
A regular passenger jet would take quite a few minutes traveling across the visible skyline.
There was no sound to this black craft and it was going across at a real fast speed.
The neighbor yelled grab the field glasses off the table, his wife ran inside to grab them, took just less than 5 seconds and it was gone from our view by the time she got back out on the landing.
The adults all said that was no airplane.
Good one pepper.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a UFO on a food truck yesterday (taco Tuesday) Unidentified Fried Object! Oh! My bad! You meant flying object. Carry on!

Hey! Couldn't resist..........

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My UFO experience was back in 2001 - very shortly after 9/11 (a week or two afterwards, I think).

It was around 1:30 AM and I was on my way to work. I had my window down a bit and could hear the usual sounds of the night - insects chirping and the like. As I began crossing the Mauricetown bridge (crosses the Maurice River) I could hear the insects, frogs, etc.. but those normal sounds faded away as the bridge rose up over the river. Just as I approached the crest of the bridge I saw what appeared to be a cockpit light - as if someone turned on their interior light to read a map - roughly 150 yards north and a bit higher than the crest of the bridge. The object didn't move - it just held there above the river.

I suspect it was a helicopter, but there wasn't so much as a whisper of rotor noise - the night was completely silent save for the distant sounds of insects and frogs, and the noise made by my vehicle. The light was on for maybe 3 seconds and then complete darkness except for the area illuminated by my headlights.

For me the experience was just weird; nothing scary about it. I still find it difficult to believe a helicopter can be absolutely silent while hovering in the air. I wasn't more than 150 yards away, but I never would have known anything was nearby if it wasn't for the brief amount of time that the light was on. It was clearly a cockpit light. There were no other vehicles, and no boats on the river. The insects/frogs never ceased their nightly routines - an unlikely event had there been a typical helicopter hovering nearby.

I'm not sure why the government would have been surveilling that particular area; it isn't very populated, nor is it a major port area. The Maurice River does dump directly into the Delaware Bay and is a fairly good sized river but it doesn't have a ton of commercial significance. The river is mostly known for its eagles and other birds of prey... and recreational fishing.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My UFO experience was back in 2001 - very shortly after 9/11 (a week or two afterwards, I think).

It was around 1:30 AM and I was on my way to work. I had my window down a bit and could hear the usual sounds of the night - insects chirping and the like. As I began crossing the Mauricetown bridge (crosses the Maurice River) I could hear the insects, frogs, etc.. but those normal sounds faded away as the bridge rose up over the river. Just as I approached the crest of the bridge I saw what appeared to be a cockpit light - as if someone turned on their interior light to read a map - roughly 150 yards north and a bit higher than the crest of the bridge. The object didn't move - it just held there above the river.

I suspect it was a helicopter, but there wasn't so much as a whisper of rotor noise - the night was completely silent save for the distant sounds of insects and frogs, and the noise made by my vehicle. The light was on for maybe 3 seconds and then complete darkness except for the area illuminated by my headlights.

For me the experience was just weird; nothing scary about it. I still find it difficult to believe a helicopter can be absolutely silent while hovering in the air. I wasn't more than 150 yards away, but I never would have known anything was nearby if it wasn't for the brief amount of time that the light was on. It was clearly a cockpit light. There were no other vehicles, and no boats on the river. The insects/frogs never ceased their nightly routines - an unlikely event had there been a typical helicopter hovering nearby.

I'm not sure why the government would have been surveilling that particular area; it isn't very populated, nor is it a major port area. The Maurice River does dump directly into the Delaware Bay and is a fairly good sized river but it doesn't have a ton of commercial significance. The river is mostly known for its eagles and other birds of prey... and recreational fishing.
Thanks for sharing. Yes that was a weird experience.

Tinhorn2

Jul 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~1970 here in Missouri, a lot of people seen "something" around a big lake called Clearwater Lake. My friend's Dad owned some land there & while their, they seen something over the lake. He said there was people were watching, even some deputies too. He said he & Dad told me they don't be leave in UFO's or Saucers but they said they sure saw <something> They only seen it after dark. A few weeks later they took me down there [2 hrs drive] but I guess they scared them off - we caught some crappies tho LOL

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~1970 here in Missouri, a lot of people seen "something" around a big lake called Clearwater Lake. My friend's Dad owned some land there & while their, they seen something over the lake. He said there was people were watching, even some deputies too. He said he & Dad told me they don't be leave in UFO's or Saucers but they said they sure saw <something> They only seen it after dark. A few weeks later they took me down there [2 hrs drive] but I guess they scared them off - we caught some crappies tho LOL
Thanks for sharing. It is more credible when several witnesses like you describe.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without going too far out on a limb here, there’s certain parts of our DNA that are older than the planet earth.
I can vouch for that! Every morning I wake up feeling older than dirt, and all the toys I played with as a kid are antiques.........

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Think I maybe talked to a civil war ghost when I was ten at a boy scout jamboree in Shiloh, TN (super weird experience) but no aliens....aliens seem less scary and way cooler!

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think I maybe talked to a civil war ghost when I was ten at a boy scout jamboree in Shiloh, TN (super weird experience) but no aliens....aliens seem less scary and way cooler!
I am sure that was weird. Tell us all about it if you want. If not, thanks for sharing this much.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am sure that was weird. Tell us all about it if you want. If not, thanks for sharing this much.
So a boyscout jamboree is like a dozen troops from neighboring states that all get together and compete in woods lore type events. I attended one around 1983 or so in Shiloh, TN (not sure of exact year to be honest) and I was ten or eleven years old. Kids being kids from a tobacco producing state like Virginia we waited until the adults were asleep then snuck out of our camp to smoke some cigarettes one of the boys pilfered from his dad's stash.

We were all camped in the actual battle fields where the fighting in Shiloh took place and walked about a quarter mile to a graveyard that was surrounded by a rockwall. We sat behind the rockwall and did our business with the smoking and heard a raspy cough.

There were four of us and we all stood to experience the same cold feeling wash all over our bodies as well as suddenly experiencing foggy conditions on an otherwise clear night. There was a man laying on top of the wall and he was smoking also. We approached cautiously as a group and the man appeared to be wearing period clothes and smoking a handrolled cigarette. My friend Tom touched him after asking and said he felt cold to the touch. When he spoke it was very carefully and with a weird accent. It definitely could have been a re-enacter (there was that going on as well) screwing with us but it was a strange experience that has always caused cold hairs to stand on my neck when I think abut it. We walked away then looked back and he was gone and the fog was gone....

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So a boyscout jamboree is like a dozen troops from neighboring states that all get together and compete in woods lore type events. I attended one around 1983 or so in Shiloh, TN (not sure of exact year to be honest) and I was ten or eleven years old. Kids being kids from a tobacco producing state like Virginia we waited until the adults were asleep then snuck out of our camp to smoke some cigarettes one of the boys pilfered from his dad's stash.

We were all camped in the actual battle fields where the fighting in Shiloh took place and walked about a quarter mile to a graveyard that was surrounded by a rockwall. We sat behind the rockwall and did our business with the smoking and heard a raspy cough.

There were four of us and we all stood to experience the same cold feeling wash all over our bodies as well as suddenly experiencing foggy conditions on an otherwise clear night. There was a man laying on top of the wall and he was smoking also. We approached cautiously as a group and the man appeared to be wearing period clothes and smoking a handrolled cigarette. My friend Tom touched him after asking and said he felt cold to the touch. When he spoke it was very carefully and with a weird accent. It definitely could have been a re-enacter (there was that going on as well) screwing with us but it was a strange experience that has always caused cold hairs to stand on my neck when I think abut it. We walked away then looked back and he was gone and the fog was gone....
I bet all of you boys was freaking out. That was strange. Thank you for sharing.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It wasn't those funny cigarettes I hope.
Nothing like that, just eleven or so year old boys sharing first cigarette type of thing....sort of a rite of passage. Do I really think it was ghost...nah but funny how memories can take on a life of their own. Thanks for starting this thread definitely an "x-file vibe" going on here.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like that, just eleven or so year old boys sharing first cigarette type of thing....sort of a rite of passage. Do I really think it was ghost...nah but funny how memories can take on a life of their own. Thanks for starting this thread definitely an "x-file vibe" going on here.
I was kidding about funny cigarettes. And you are welcome. Just a place for folks to share their experiences. Sometimes life is stranger than fiction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread