traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen several. The first one as a Boy In Rural Pa. I was standing on the road behind our house, scanning the Hillside of a newly seeded strip mine patch toward evening around Mid September. I was looking for the huge deer herd that had been having a feast nightly. This hillside was about 5 miles away. There was a Gap between two Hillsides . As I scanned the area with my Dad's Navy sea Binoculars (50X10) I saw something up in the air, just hovering it was sort of dark. Not a Plane, definitely not a Helicopter. It was shaped squarish on the bottom and sort of dome shaped on top. I watched this thing for about a minute it didn't move just sat there in the sky. All of a sudden it just dipped below the Hillside to the left FAST.

Now Lately, I've see some strange things from the back Deck of my home at night. Last summer I saw some strange lights that were attached to a long squarish object that was hovering silently just south of Martinsburg Wva. Yeah I know there is an ANG Base that flies all sort of aircraft including the giant cargo planes which make a lot of noise & Im familiar with the aircraft they have, see 'em & hear 'em all the time. This made no sound, it seemed to go up and down while hovering had two reddish lights on each end two white ones in the middle. Just hovered, no sound. Looked like it was above I 81 which is about 6 miles east of me. I called a friend and told him to look out his front porch. He did and saw the object clearly as it moved out of my view. He said it looked like a "fishstick" had the two off red lights and two white ones which then went out ad the two reds remained but dimmed. The thing went north then east towards Maryland. I got some footage of this which I will try to post when I have some time.

ABout three weeks ago I went out on the back deck again just before 10 Pm, clear and cold. I seen a set of lights Near Gerrardstown Wva about 2 miles away which I thought was a helicopter hovering. No Noise very still, a helicopter doesn't hover like that. There was on red light on top a VERY bright white light in the middle and a red light below . Not blinking. Imagine an " I "shaped object just sat there and the glow from that white light was substantial....I thought the "night sun" from a Police helicopter but there was no "beam" downwards which is usually the case with police air craft searching for someone. I call the wife, she comes outside says "What is That? That don't look like a helicopter" I went to get my cell phone to take a pix and call the same friend as before but She said
"Its moving" It moved to the side and we could both see it was D shaped with the 3 lights on front. It gained altitude going east fairly fast then shut down the two red lights.

Make of it what you will.
Interesting experience. Thanks for sharing.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have experienced what you thought was an encounter or sighting, please tell us about it. It seems like there is a lot going on in the skies and oceans around us. Thanks for any contribution you make.
Years ago when I got promoted I had to go on the midnight shift.So one night my wife walked me outside to say goodbye around 11 pm.
Moments after I left she saw a round object with no sound overhead with a USAF helicopter trailing it.
It was so so low for her to see the letters on the helicopter that late at night..
Nothing ever in the news and never never do we see USAF helicopters here anymore

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago when I got promoted I had to go on the midnight shift.So one night my wife walked me outside to say goodbye around 11 pm.
Moments after I left she saw a round object with no sound overhead with a USAF helicopter trailing it.
It was so so low for her to see the letters on the helicopter that late at night..
Nothing ever in the news and never never do we see USAF helicopters here anymore
A very interesting sighting, Bill. Thanks for sharing.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Promoted to midnight shift? I'd hate to see what would happen if they demoted you!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Promoted to midnight shift? I'd hate to see what would happen if they demoted you!
Yes when I was promoted to manufacturing manager at the computer chip fab it was required to start on second or third shift and eventually got promoted again on the day shift.
Itā€™s just about seniority

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes when I was promoted to manufacturing manager at the computer chip fab it was required to start on second or third shift and eventually got promoted again on the day shift.
Itā€™s just about seniority
I liked night shift. Could get more done. As I kept moving up the ladder that rung was lost to me.
I went to Brazil in 2020 to help a friend start up a factory. I volunteered for night shift for that was where most need was and I could spend more quality time training folks. Loved night shift. Had to be careful around distillation though for a jaguar came through there a few times before start up. I think the noise once plant running kept him away.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked night shift. Could get more done. As I kept moving up the ladder that rung was lost to me.
I went to Brazil in 2020 to help a friend start up a factory. I volunteered for night shift for that was where most need was and I could spend more quality time training folks. Loved night shift. Had to be careful around distillation though for a jaguar came through there a few times before start up. I think the noise once plant running kept him away.
Thatā€™s incredible to have a Jaguar on the prowl there happy to hear everything turned out ok.
Most work weeks were six dayā€™s on for me due to high demand for the computer chips
Take care

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thatā€™s incredible to have a Jaguar on the prowl there happy to hear everything turned out ok.
Most work weeks were six dayā€™s on for me due to high demand for the computer chips
Take care
Lots of wildlife there. No pic of jaguar but I got a pic of the Maned Wolf and Taper in the plant during construction. Maned Wolf a strange looking animal.

JeffDowns

Jan 8, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.... ( line deleted for a religion rule violation.)
Moderator, please help me understand by my link was deleted. Was it simply because It was link from a church Website. The link provided was simply a list of resources.

Would it have been more appropriate if I said (as someone said above) do a search for: Jason Lisle, Gary Bates, Colin Samul, Ken Samples and UFOs?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have fished in the straits of florida for most of my life....other times I spent many nights east of the bahamas fishing the Atlantic. I've seen unidentified flying objects many many times.....several of which were very disturbing and life changing.....I have been dumbbstruck for weeks after witnessing some of these events !! Only a few were the type that scares you and bothers you for weeks, months, and even years after witnessing. Out in the darkness of the atlantic....far from the ambient light of the cities....one can see things in the sky every night that can't be explained in rational terms !! I know people that have quit working on the commercial fishing boat because of things that made us all feel very upset and uneasy....one person would refuse to look when someone would yell UFO, UFO !! He would just say "I don't want to look " there out there and I have no idea what they are...best to keep my head down concentrating on work until it becomes impossible to ignore, and close to the boat....I have described some of these encounters in RTRs ufo thread.....I have been so scared that I did not sleep for many nights while fishing....just keep fishing all night !!

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have fished in the straits of florida for most of my life....other times I spent many nights east of the bahamas fishing the Atlantic. I've seen unidentified flying objects many many times.....several of which were very disturbing and life changing.....I have been dumbbstruck for weeks after witnessing some of these events !! Only a few were the type that scares you and bothers you for weeks, months, and even years after witnessing. Out in the darkness of the atlantic....far from the ambient light of the cities....one can see things in the sky every night that can't be explained in rational terms !! I know people that have quit working on the commercial fishing boat because of things that made us all feel very upset and uneasy....one person would refuse to look when someone would yell UFO, UFO !! He would just say "I don't want to look " there out there and I have no idea what they are...best to keep my head down concentrating on work until it becomes impossible to ignore, and close to the boat....I have described some of these encounters in RTRs ufo thread.....I have been so scared that I did not sleep for many nights while fishing....just keep fishing all night !!
Thanks for sharing, Blak.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have experienced what you thought was an encounter or sighting, please tell us about it. It seems like there is a lot going on in the skies and oceans around us. Thanks for any contribution you make.
Iā€™ve got three sightings, one was at sea while in the Navy, but UFO sightings are more common than Bigfoot encountersā€¦, so no need to elaborate hereā€¦ just to say they exist!

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™ve got three sightings, one was at sea while in the Navy, but UFO sightings are more common than Bigfoot encountersā€¦, so no need to elaborate hereā€¦ just to say they exist!
Thanks a ton for your post.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a kid we lived near the Melbourne Airport. Me and a mate would get up before sunrise and ride our bikes about 25km to a river to fish for trout.
One morning, about 2 hrs before sunrise we were going past the airport near one of the approach paths. Suddenly, just above our heads maybe a hundred or so feet, a craft of some kind came across the approach path from the airport. It was seriously moving fast. But there was zero engine sound and just a faint flash of light as it flew over us. Imagine the sound of a high speed jet, just from it going through the air, but you dont hear an engine. A huge Whooooosh.....
It obviously took off from the airport but what it was going so fast with no sound other than it traveling at speed through the air is a mystery.
Yrs later I worked at that airport and nobody knew anything about it.
I don't believe it was alien, I do believe it was something experimental though.
Reminds me of sitting at the end of the runway with friends watching planes land. The jet would pass over, it'd get silent again then (what seemed like a long time) the wake turbulence would come over. It was great watching everyone stop in mid sentence and look up all puzzled.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a promotion in some cases to get away from the dog and pony day shift shows.
Exactly! Did graves for almost 20 years. Not only not having to deal with 2 % you're going the opposite of rush hour traffic & can run errands shop etc during the day when everyone else is at work. Yeah it's a promotion!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread