What's new

Ugly Abe

Icewing

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
2,644
Reaction score
5,532
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this odd lead Abe. It's just shy of 1.75" squared. I'm pretty certain it's not a printing press plate.

20190523_170327.webp

Thanks
 
You're right. A printing block would be flat.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
You might research the bulk of representations to see which was his favored side. If this was a printing plate the image would be inverted. This is not likely to have been the whole plate but was cut from the block for someone's keepsake. It would have been easy to distort the plate with say, a hammer and chisel.

Best wishes!
 
Upvote 0
What a great looking find! :thumbsup:
I'd have an imprint of it made on a piece of old parchment paper or velum, then frame the two pieces together for posterity.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
All I know is Abe was the original "Hipster" and it still isn't cool.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom