What's new

ugly coiin collection?

cdickrun64

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'ugly' coiin collection?

Anyone have an ugly coin collection? I like to think of them as coins with character...lol. Think I'm gonna start an ugly nickel collection!!
 
Upvote 0
Re: 'ugly' coiin collection?

I have a "colored" quarter collection (where somone has painted the entire quarter one color). Kinda pointless but definitely adds a little color to collection.
 
Re: 'ugly' coiin collection?

My indian head cent collection is ugly. 10 or so have holes, some have square holes from where square nails where driven into them years ago. Many are cleaned. Some are dug/corroded. But, I have the key date - 1877 and I have only 3 more to go to finish the set. They may be ugly but they're mine!

Once it the set is complete, I'm going to work on my ugly large cent collection.

JasonB
 
Re: 'ugly' coiin collection?

Howdy Mr. Run64,

I have a "pretty" coin collection. I like the way cents tone, some rainbows, some greens, some silvery, some blues. I don't care about the year or MM. I don't know what I'll do with 'em, but they sure are pretty.

I hope you're doing well.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Re: 'ugly' coiin collection?

I have an ugly coin collection of sorts.

As time rolls on and with the amount of coins I search not a week goes by without picking up some sort of coin that's been bent or damaged. So I got a cup that I keep on my CRH table where I process loads of coin daily. After a couple of weeks the cup is over flowing and I take them outside and hammer them back into shape as best I can, and run them through the coin counter at my dump bank at the end of my dump. If they get rejected again I'll spend them on cigarettes.

But I also collect every strange double stamped or colored Half dollar I come across and boy is it an ugly collection. Perhaps I'll post a photo of them later.

Mojo
 
Re: 'ugly' coiin collection?

i dont know what my collection techniqually is...im going to say somewhere between hobo, and huge fat lady... :laughing7:
keep it up and hh!
 
Re: 'ugly' coiin collection?

Here are some of my uglys.
 

Attachments

  • ugly.webp
    ugly.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 174
  • missing clad.webp
    missing clad.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 164
Re: 'ugly' coiin collection?

more
 

Attachments

  • not sure.webp
    not sure.webp
    72.3 KB · Views: 255
  • laminations.webp
    laminations.webp
    72.8 KB · Views: 157
Re: 'ugly' coiin collection?

are these fakes?
 

Attachments

  • fake2.webp
    fake2.webp
    65.9 KB · Views: 179
  • fake1.webp
    fake1.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 179
Re: 'ugly' coiin collection?

here are some clips Iv'e accumulated.
 

Attachments

  • clips1.webp
    clips1.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 166
  • clips2.webp
    clips2.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 226
Re: 'ugly' coiin collection?

unique can anyone help me out with this one?
 

Attachments

  • alterations.webp
    alterations.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 178
  • small planchet.webp
    small planchet.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 170

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom