What's new

uMax ok for dry sand at a beach?

Clay Slayer

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
303
Reaction score
339
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going to the Alabama coast in July for a family vacation. I know a PI is what's needed for wet sand/surf, but will my uMax work OK in dry sand? I don't want to invest $600 for a Sand Shark that I only use once or twice a year.
 
if you have one with no manual ground balance, like the silver. probably will not work well at all. may need to keep the sensitivity so low and the disc so high, wont be worth it.
 
I think it should work in the dry sand ok, but you are right, the wet sand would probably make it act up..
 
Just work the beach till it starts getting chirppy then back away until it gets quiet again. This has worked for me with the Vaq, Cibola, Outlaw and even the Compadre.
 
Thanks for the info. :thumb_up:
 
it will work GREAT in the dry sand!!
 
it will work GREAT in the dry sand!!


Have used my silver on the dry sand beach for 7 years now. Always does a great job for me...Enjoy your hunting time...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom