What's new

Ummmm.... perhaps water canteen

plzd2mtu

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 27, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
No detector used
Primary Interest:
Other
I dug this up a few years ago and no body seems to KNOW what it is. There are no markings on it that I can see, it will stand flat and seems to be made out of a clay/almost ceramic like material. Looks like a cork probably fit into the mouth part but ?
 

Attachments

  • Clay canteen.webp
    Clay canteen.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 266
It is a vase. They are pretty common. Although I did not find your exact vase here is a similar modern type.
acd-SV-40312.webp
 
Upvote 0
So it IS a vase. One friend had guessed it to be that but it didn't make sense to me because the way it curves. Thanks so much for your input. Much appreciated.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom