What's new

UN Smorgasborg

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up two boxes of halves from a usual bank over lunch (well, one was missing a roll (I only paid $490 for it) but I'll round up. I'll go through those boxes tonight, but I also asked if they had any foreign coin; and they did.

I picked up (gratis) from:

Canada

15 quarters (69, 73 (comm), 74x3, 77, 79x2, 80, 81, 84, 93, 03, 04 and 05 (comm))
6 dimes (74x2, 77x2, 87 & 89)
2 nickels (87 & 03)
1 cent (74)


West Germany

a 5 mark coin (83)


France

a 1 franc coin (73)
a 10 cent (euro) coin (99)


Sweden

a 5 kroner coin (88)


Bahamas

1 quarter (77)


Cayman Islands

2 quarters (92x2)
1 nickel (05)


Honduras

2 20 centavo coins (91 & 96)

Netherlands

a 10 cent (Euro) coin (01)


Bolivia

a 50 centavo coin (01)


South Africa

a 10 cent coin (02)


Mexico

a five centavo coin (73)


People's Republic of China

i jiao coin (05)


Greece

a 50 drachmai coin (88)


United Arab Emirates

a 1 dirham coin (minted between '73 - '89) (My Arab is rusty 8))


................and to top it off; a 43d steel US Lincoln cent.


Not a bad little haul; and I haven't even gone through the boxes of halves yet. 8)
 
Upvote 0
sweet, one of my bigger banks has been saving me the odd balls and rejects, I have not totaled them up yet as there are too many, I have a coffee mug full of Mexican and Canadian so far, Euros, etc. No silver from it yet but I keep waiting. Some places are so friendly, others...not so much.
 
Unfortunately, the foreign coin bonanza was the best part of the visit to that bank yesterday.

The two boxes of halves I also picked up (#s 332 & 333) didn't similarly come through for me.

Box # 332 had an 82 proof and an 03d, while # 333 was a skunk.

Oh well, the foreign coins were an unexpected find and there's still more boxes of halves to pick up this week.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom