What's new

Unable to find my star note in the lookup

Easy

Banned
Joined
Jul 9, 2012
Messages
940
Reaction score
206
Golden Thread
0
Location
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pulled a nice little 1976 2 bill star note today and when I tried to use the lookup it didn't have the 1976 series in the drop window?.. What am I missing?
 
I will at least assure you someone tried to help you, Easy. I tried looking online for an answer but couldn't find you one. There are some books out there to price stuff like that. Sorry I couldn't help out. :(
 
I will at least assure you someone tried to help you, Easy. I tried looking online for an answer but couldn't find you one. There are some books out there to price stuff like that. Sorry I couldn't help out. :(
Cool no worries. I guess the lookup doesn't go back that far. The only thing I could find was other 1976 2star notes on eBay. The bad news is I can't tell if mine may have a lower print run. The good news they are going for a minimum of 20 bucks each! Weeeeeee
 
Name the issuing bank and I'll give you the quantity printed.
Meanwhile, the quantity printed range for the '76 $2 STAR bill is 640,000 (Richmond and Minn.) to 2,560,000 (NY).
Don...
 
Hey, Don!
Hope all is well with you, my Friend!


Easy, to further identify and provide information on your query, it helps to provide:

1) denomination.
2) Year of issue as indicated on the bill, known as "Series" which includes any letters; ie. 2004A.
3) The serial number complete with the letters.
4) the condition of your bill.
5) a photo of the bill in question.

Best,
Scott
 
Last edited:
Hey, Scott,
Good to see you're still in the game.
Actually, I didn't start this thread nor query, I only jumped in to assist "EASY"; though what you just wrote is good information for others to provide when asking a Q. regarding a bill.
All the best,
Don.....
 
Where are you finding the values of these bills? do you have books or is there an online reference somewhere?
 
As a reference guide, I have a copy of The (Second Edition) Official Red Book--a Guide Book of US Paper Money (Complete source for History, Grading and Values). For more current values, I check Ebay's "Completed Listings"; NOT their current asking prices.
Don.....
 
Thanks for your help Don!
 
Scott, I now see your comment was directed to "EASY"; my bad.
Don....

Don,
Hope you are well.
No problems here, Friend.
I want to share my knowledge gleaned with others who are like-minded.

I'm more helpful of sharing info than most.
And I still remember your gift to me of the older guide to small size currency, (way back when?) that propelled my obsession with currency collecting. :occasion14:

My Best,
Scott
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom