What's new

Unbelievable Bag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FL Junkman

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
279
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
I use a local credit union for dumping halves which has several branches in my area. They have coin counters but the problem is they will only allow $200. per day without a fee, even to members. So I usuallly rotate branches and dump my $200 per day. I finally ot one of these branches to sell me boxes about six months ago and have been buying from them almost every week since. Of course, as soon as I started buying from them, I quit dumping at their branch. Well, they called me this week and said their half dollar was full and asked if I would like to buy it. I knew that I probably had some dumps in the bag but hadn't dumped any here since June, so I said YES, I would like to buy the bag. They agreed to hold it for me until today which is my normal visit day to pick up my boxes. As I was unloading the bag from the car tonight, I noticed a couple of Walking Liberties and a Franklin and figured, hey , this may be a good bag. By the way, it was a $1000. bag. After completing the search, here are the final totals:

31 -- Walking Liberty
36 -- Bens
15 -- 1964
60 -- 1965-1969

142 Total

38.5 ounces of the silver stuff to add to the pile. More than enough to keep me in the game a few more days. HH

FL Junkman
 
Upvote 0
You just reached the summit of Ag Mountain!!! :icon_thumleft: AMAZING SCORE!!!

Please post pictures for us - we need motivation!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
mouth_drop.gif
 
Thats not fair for the rest of us
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    7 KB · Views: 723
WOW!!! AMAZING!!!!
 
That is incrediably awesome!

I do have a question though. You are getting boxes from the credit union, but dumping your clad at other branches of the same CU. Are you not worried about getting all your dumps back in your boxes, or do they use different coin services?

Then again, if 142 keepers is the average bag being sent back to the coin service from those other CUs, I suppose I could keep sorting through my dumps to get it :)
 
Nice snag on the bag. Love the bags right off the coin counter that are not other searchers dumps. Always an interesting mix.
 
WOW!...that is just crazy right there. Still can't believe people would just turn in WL's and Ben's like that. Please post pics to motivate the rest of us!
 
Wow!!!! Really awesome!!!!

I can't figure out why people wouldn't stop at a coin shop before going to a bank just to see if they have anything of value.
 
clovis97 said:
Wow!!!! Really awesome!!!!

I can't figure out why people wouldn't stop at a coin shop before going to a bank just to see if they have anything of value.

Because people dont have time!!! :laughing7: :laughing7:
Or they are some spoiled kids cashing in that coin collection grandma got them years ago....Cant complain thou
 
Man, WTF... I'd kill for a bag like that.

Congrats!
 
WOW. :headbang: Praise the silver gods
Ridiculously good!
 
WOW cograts!!!!! That's why I love bags so much! :thumbsup:
 
Amazing find This means you paid $1000 for the bag. Your silver value was $1105.12 Plus 1858 clad halves value of $929 So basically the bank gave you $1034.12 to take there halves away for them
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom