High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems tough for me to take good pics to show detail. So here is what I got. The three are the small size and the pair are large.

DSCN0600.JPGDSCN0601.JPG

Nice going ! Digging a hero cross and a lightning jar is a good day :occasion14:

There are several sites that are able to help date Ball Mason jars .I can not locate the one I like the most right now for some reason. But you have indeed found some good ones .And I doubt that you have found all that you will find .Keep posting pictures

Nice going ! Digging a hero cross and a lightning jar is a good day :occasion14:

Hero's cross? Is that a good thing? I think i saw another in todays batch. I have lots of lightnings. Thanks for your response.

Nice jars! The 'Hero Cross' is often mistaken for the Maltese Cross and some other crosses, but I think I read that it was a tribute to the fallen/veteran heroes of the war. It has 'HFJCo' around the cross, the "Hero Fruit Jar Company" of Philadelphia. Awesome jars.

Last edited:
Nice jars! That one on the left messes with my head, that one's scary. The 'Hero Cross', I think that's what it is, is often mistaken for the Maltese Cross and some other crosses, but I think I read that it was a tribute to the fallen/veteran heroes of the war. It has 'HFJCo' around the cross, the "Hero Fruit Jar Company" of Philadelphia. Awesome jars.

Thanks NJKLAGT. I looked closely and saw the HFJC around the cross.

There are several sites that are able to help date Ball Mason jars .I can not locate the one I like the most right now for some reason. But you have indeed found some good ones .And I doubt that you have found all that you will find .Keep posting pictures

This one?

ball mason jars.jpg

Dug Yes that is part of it but there is another site that goes into more detail if I remember correctly .It shows more versions of the Mason line over the years . But that one is a good starting point

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back