Understanding the Certificate of Authenticity (CoA)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying that if I make my own COA, that's notarized and truthful with more than three other digital sources backing and verifying the find, and multiple people that witnessed the recoveries that my COA is less acceptable than any others ? It's the name ARC....thats what make the COA. are you reputable and known as honest in the treasure world. Just because you don't know the name on the COA, dosent mean the guy signing it isn't a treasurehunter......im the treasure hunter, and im stating in MY COA the facts details and circumstances of the find.....I don't need any coin grading to verify it.....I salvaged it !! Me....the not so well known treasure hunter !! Black Bart at the bottom of the COA !! this is how you make a name in the game !! I don't need fishers name, or Marty meylach, or Carl fismar, or even my deceased old friend Jack haskins !! Im BlackBart. You can check me out, and make a decision from there about my treasure and if you'd like to purchase it....my story is out there....alot of it on your thread RCT !! so in the end it's like you say.....if you think I'm a scam and my COA is not up to snuff, we'll then your free to pass on my beautiful coins.....others will believe, and others will buy !! In the mean time we continue the hunt, document the finds, build your name as a hunter, and when it comes time to sell.....you can except my COA or not.....thats the business!!
I said all that if you read what i wrote in my original posts here.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also know that there are people that get cob struck like you say, and I've had people try to buy my coin right off my neck....no paperwork needed !!

Reactions: ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember.... fake cobs ARE found in the ground too.

Heck Bart... for all anyone REALLY knows... other than you that is... Someone threw em out their window on the way down the road because they were fakes from the Fisher scandal.

Which ARE real silver... real strikes etc... just not real cobs from any wrecks.
Only XRF / comp analysis can confirm OR deny the copies and fakes from the real deals of that period.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also know that there are people that get cob struck like you say, and I've had people try to buy my coin right off my neck....no paperwork needed !!
Which happens all the time and really the best way to sell it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only XRF / comp analysis can confirm OR deny the copies and fakes from the real deals of that period.
Cobs are the most sketchy coins to buy EVER....
FOR any real money anyway without a COA from a reputable... considered authority / expert in such coinage.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here we are....its up to the buyer to make the decision.....all I'm saying is I'll make my own COAs if it ever comes time to sell. And as for the op. Its a complicated topic, and there is as much grey area in COAs as there is about diving close to the atocha.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And for a guy like me that's not a problem....ill put the results in my fancy COAs !!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOR any real money anyway without a COA from a reputable... considered authority / expert in such coinage.
Sheesh EVEN THE late 1980's fakes came with COA's.... AND some of them were ACTUAL COA's that were photo copied... altered and faked.
There were even TSI COA's that were faked.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 fakes yesterday !! Believe me I know !!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS... there was a major lawsuit(S)( i am sure you are aware / heard) in the 80's-90's concerning faked coins abounding.
MAny people were taken for substantial amounts of money.
The State was even involved and charges were even levied against many in criminal court etc etc.

SOME were EVENTUALLY exonerated... but not before bad publicity almost destroyed the cob market.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw a rough example of my coin sell for 7500 mounted. Mine is way nicer. And mine has the digital story behind it, plus ➕️ I can make a real fancy COA, with digital links, and xrf analysis, and if ya like I could send it in for grading and get the old sea damage stamped on the COA also !!

None of this is hard to do !!

• Winner

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now there are things that I can't verify about my find....which ship it came from, how it got to this spot, and the conditions behind it being buried ?? But there are great facts that make it even more desirable...the fact that it came from a survivors camp, the condition being incredible because it was buried on land, and the fact that it was a large hoard of buried treasure.....after much study, I'm almost certain I found the "Homer ludwig" coin cache of legend, and im putting that info and proof together now.....so I can include it on my fancy COAs when I make them !!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now there are things that I can't verify about my find....which ship it came from, how it got to this spot, and the conditions behind it being buried ?? But there are great facts that make it even more desirable...the fact that it came from a survivors camp, the condition being incredible because it was buried on land, and the fact that it was a large hoard of buried treasure.....after much study, I'm almost certain I found the "Homer ludwig" coin cache of legend, and im putting that info and proof together now.....so I can include it on my fancy COAs when I make them !!
Well.... lol...... heh heh heh.... AS OF NOW.... Right now....... lol..... heh

They might as well have come from The Radom Chat Thread imaginary ship.

:P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart.... you do know...

i have nuthin ba luv fo ya brother from another mother.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of coarse man !! Its all good brother!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.... lol...... heh heh heh.... AS OF NOW.... Right now....... lol..... heh

They might as well have come from The Radom Chat Thread imaginary ship.

:P
Welll guess what..... i can verify that i saw them on that ship ! ! !

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok here ya go !!
20230711_092059.jpg

Admins: this is for fun and example...not for real !!

One genuine facsimile of a treasure coin, all original in as dug condition. This cobb was dug within 3000 feet of a known 1733 treasure wreck, on 6/8/23, by treasure salvor Bart michelini from 4 feet of water in islamorada FL. It is an undated completely fantasy piece with no identifiable marks of any form. It is encrusted still in its original sand patina, and is made from pot metal. The condition is incredible and has little corrosion loss like most examples have. The origin of this coin is probably a local souvenirs shop, and was bought to entertain kids, and then lost in the sand !!
I black bart certify that all details are true and sworn to here this day 6/9/23 in front of notary republic bla bla and witnessed by bla black digital links to story of recovery and photos can be found here, and xrf analysis is provided for authenticity, and metallurgical composition
☠️🫡☠️🫡

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok here ya go !! View attachment 2093125
Admins: this is for fun and example...not for real !!

One genuine facsimile of a treasure coin, all original in as dug condition. This cobb was dug within 3000 feet of a known 1733 treasure wreck, on 6/8/23, by treasure salvor Bart michelini from 4 feet of water in islamorada FL. It is an undated completely fantasy piece with no identifiable marks of any form. It is encrusted still in its original sand patina, and is made from pot metal. The condition is incredible and has little corrosion loss like most examples have. The origin of this coin is probably a local souvenirs shop, and was bought to entertain kids, and then lost in the sand !!
I black bart certify that all details are true and sworn to here this day 6/9/23 in front of notary republic bla bla and witnessed by bla black digital links to story of recovery and photos can be found here, and xrf analysis is provided for authenticity, and metallurgical composition
☠️🫡☠️🫡
Actual FIRST thought before i even read a word you wrote was "fake".

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually FIRST thought before i even read a word you wrote was "fake".
Ya but genuinely sourced by me, and authentic !! No lies in my coa, and an original black bart piece with COA !! Ill make it really fancy....ya know with gold leaf and killer ghost graphics.

So a you want to buy this black bart beauty !! I can have it mounted in gold for ya ... keep that dug patina on there !! Ooooo baby she's a beauty !!😁😆😅🤣😂🤣

• Love

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread