Unexpected find on my hike

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It warmed up here in Wisconsin, a balmy 39 degrees. I got a wild hair this afternoon,and decided to take a hike by a creek 3 miles from home. i'm not one to stay on the beaten path, blazing my own trail is almost as good as,well you know ,morning coffee! I looked to my right about a half mile into my hike,and spotted a long pile of big rock. I eased closer and could see pieces of concrete mixed in. I look down and what do I see, an old coke bottle ,10 oz. It's clear glass ,which I looked up when I got home.Evidently it was from the war years,1945. Right next to I picked up a Certo bottle.Both are flawless. As luck would have it, the sun was getting low in the west. I don't think anyone has been at this site for years. It looks to me like they pushed the rock and the building contents into a pile. There is no wood,but a few pieces of old farm equipment.By old I mean steel spoke wheels old. Piles of bottles, barbwire, old galvanized buckets ,even seen an old 50's plastic case am radio. if I were a betting man,I would say a house used to stand nearby. All of this sits on the edge of a big county park, inside the park boundary. I do have a metal detecting permit for the county parks, I guess the find would fall into the same category. I would not think they would mind me ridding the park of trash(treasure..lol). The mercury is finally rising a little,so I need to get this stash picked so I can start detecting the area in the woods by where I think the house was. Hopefully the site will give me some smiles.If not, I had fun trying!
Before someone mentions it, I know us here on this forum love finding treasure, but we love pics too.I will be armed with my camera tomorrow afternoon. If you are not already asleep after reading this ,have a great night.
laughing7.gif

Upvote 5

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and I hope you the best. P.S. I was going to ask for some pics but I see you have that covered. HH

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think I can sleep knowing that you've found this absolutely positive site and all that might be there! I will just wait till you post again before going to sleep...............63bkpkr

PS - The best of success with your detecting!!

OP
OP
racer117

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think I can sleep knowing that you've found this absolutely positive site and all that might be there! I will just wait till you post again before going to sleep...............63bkpkr

PS - The best of success with your detecting!!
I do not think I will be able to sleep..

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
angygod.jpg

Sounds like a honey hole for sure....

Last edited:

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I look down and what do I see, an old coke bottle ,10 oz. It's clear glass ,which I looked up when I got home.Evidently it was from the war years,1945. Right next to I picked up a Certo bottle.Both are flawless.

Hello racer,

I hope you got some sleep. Coca-Cola introduced the 10 oz. bottle in 1955. Certo bottles contained fruit pectin for jelly or jam making.

616747598_tp.jpg

These are perhaps indicators that there may be something more desirable beneath the surface.

You might consider taking a shovel or a clam rake on your next walk...

Happy hunting.

l_MHna1960s-mag-advert-coca-cola-1-rare-8x10-photo-ebay19.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread