What's new

Unhunted creek yields two hundred coin days!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
1,543
Reaction score
89
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Almost two weeks ago I hunted in a creek adjacent to an old park I like to bottle dig at....well I decided to walk the creek a bit that is just off of a spill way.....I usually find some coins near where I dig, so I started looking....I made it up the creek a bit from where I usually look, and started seeing a bunch of old spark plugs and older material in an low lying area....Ito dig a bit, and started coming up with coins out of the sand....before I knew it I had 25 or so coins....it was getting late, so I left with plans to go back that next day....When I got there, I started in the same area and the first coin I saw stuck between two rocks turned out to be a first for me...a 1926 Standing Liberty quarter! Well this was the way to start off the day! I spent about two hours there digging in the sand and water, and ended up finding over 100 coins! Also found some jewelry and other odds and ends....again, I left and came back the day after, only to dig up another 120 or so coins! My total for the three days of digging were 270 coins! I didn't even have to bring my detector! I figured that years of flooding on and off washed all of the coins and things to an outside curve of the creek....I am going to go back and dig the area really well and find the heavier silver....I did end up getting the standing liberty, a merc ('26) two dateless buffalo nickels, a mexican coin, and a british 20Pcoin from '67...also found a gold plated ring, a girls scout badge, a silver ID bracelet with a name, and a date on the back of 6.1.58....also found what looks like the rowel off of a spur...Can't wait to go back...it looks as if this spot has NEVER been hunted.....Not shown are about 20 keys, 30 or so spark plugs, various pieces of copper tubing and brass pieces, and tons of metal for my mother in laws art projects....I have stumbled onto a really productive area!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
Baggins

008.webp

001.webp

018.webp

023.webp

024.webp

010.webp

276.webp

281.webp

280.webp

279.webp

278.webp
​
 
Upvote 0
cool finds. I'm seeing some good finds out of creeks, time for me to get in the brook near my house
 
Baggins said:
kenley said:
Make a screen sifter.

Totally, a screen is gonna be the next thing I make to take down there!
Baggins
That's the first thing I thought too after reading. No telling what you're gonna find there Baggins!! :icon_pirat: Already a GREAT variety of keepers!!! I bet you'll be finding the gold there soon too!

Fantastic post!!!

Nana :hello:
 
Man, I think you got alot more diggin' to do. :hello2:
 
make a 2x4 or 2x6 frame and cover one side with wire mesh with 1/4 10 3/8 inch holes and put 4 legs on it 2 stationary and 2 on a piece of all thread so you can use the 2 legs as handles when you shake the sifter kinda like a rocker box used in gold prospecting
 
Definitely shifter time.

That little man-figure with his arm swinging to the rear is probably the figure from a bowling trophy.
 
killer find! congrats on the banner! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom