What's new

✅ SOLVED Unidentified coins?

JohnDroid

Administrator
⛮ Administrator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
1,356
Reaction score
1,023
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine found these in a reclaimed storage. The bottom coins are the same, just showing opposite sides of the coin. Wish I had more for everyone but that’s it.

The top one is lighter. Almost doesn’t feel like a coin.

Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • B21B6690-6933-41DB-B60B-A1CF680586CC.webp
    B21B6690-6933-41DB-B60B-A1CF680586CC.webp
    57 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Looks like staters. European mintage from the first millennium. That said, they do not look dug and look at the edges, they may be reproductions. See if there is a casting seam along the edges.
 
Upvote 4
The words "COPY" stamped on the lower coin indicates a replica. As I recall banks used to hand these out to kids at open houses. The original is a Greek Ceaat.
 

Attachments

  • s-l1600.webp
    s-l1600.webp
    90.8 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 4
Solution
The words "COPY" stamped on the lower coin indicates a replica. As I recall banks used to hand these out to kids at open houses. The original is a Greek Ceaat.

Charlie P. you have better eyes than I do.

I couldn't make out the word COPY either but in your blow up of the picture you can see it. Thank you very much!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom