Unidentified native american and/or stone age artifact...

Jun 9, 2022
Gray Court, SC
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FB_IMG_1654779299664.jpg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. I hope your time here is rewarding. Lots of great folks.

And sorry to tell you but your stone is not an artifact in my opinion. It is naturally formed. Keep looking.

Somebody on here may tell you different, but doubt it. If Treasure_Hunter gets on here and comments, heed his comment, for he is very knowledgable on this subject.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

traveller777, thank you for the compliment, but I am by far not the most knowledgeable here on Indian artifacts.​

Welcome to Treasurenet, Joseph, we are happy to have you with us.

Sorry, that is not an Indian artifact or stone age, it is natural erosion. Even when the picture is blown up by over 300% there are no signs of work by man.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

traveller777, thank you for the compliment, but I am by far not the most knowledgeable here on Indian artifacts.​

Sorry, that is not an Indian artifact or stone age, it is natural erosion. Even when the picture is blown up by over 300% there are no signs of work by man.
My compoliment to you was not a belittlement of anyone else, it just happens you and I have commented on same "artifacts" many times and I am impressed with your analysis of the items. Cheers.

OP
OP
Joseph S. Dutton
Jun 9, 2022
Gray Court, SC
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. I hope your time here is rewarding. Lots of great folks.

And sorry to tell you but your stone is not an artifact in my opinion. It is naturally formed. Keep looking.

Somebody on here may tell you different, but doubt it. If Treasure_Hunter gets on here and comments, heed his comment
for he is very knowledgable on this subject.
Hi, i appreciate your opinion about my find. I need photos from several didderent angles and some close up. Its definitely man-made, but my photo doesn't show rhe sharpened edges on the lower side of what i can only guess is the 'pickaxe' or ' 'plowing tool' and on the lower and left side of the 'axe' side. I will post some better pics, so to be cont'd. Agsin, i appreciate any and all comments.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, i appreciate your opinion about my find. I need photos from several didderent angles and some close up. Its definitely man-made, but my photo doesn't show rhe sharpened edges on the lower side of what i can only guess is the 'pickaxe' or ' 'plowing tool' and on the lower and left side of the 'axe' side. I will post some better pics, so to be cont'd. Agsin, i appreciate any and all comments.
You are welcome and good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been studying, finding, and collecting artifacts?

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for your information, pre-Columbian peoples did not use plows. I have attached an interesting read.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also appears to be a soft sedimentary rock, like sandstone or limestone, which would break apart the first time you tried to chop something with it.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You may not be the most knowledgeable,but you can hold the floor till he or she gets here!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions