Union Navy button & Spanish

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In between the snow and rain that we've had and before getting sick a couple of weeks ago I got out and found a small area of hopeful debris in one of my fields. Not a lot of good stuff but was surprised with a Union Navy vest button. About five feet away I got another good hit. With my pinpointer, I chased in the sticky mud what I thought had to be a very small piece of copper or aluminum or maybe a small caliber bullet. Finally just before throwing in the towel I spotted it, the smallest cut silver that I have found. It appears to be a Carolus III or IV 1/2.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 7

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who can find 1/4 of a Half Real must be one heck of a digger! Congratulations!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great hunt. Pulling two great items of that small size tells me you're doing something right. Great job

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
S

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who can find 1/4 of a Half Real must be one heck of a digger! Congratulations!

Thanks FreeBirdTim, I'm sure a lot of guys/ladies would have given up on it but it just felt Right for me, so I just stayed with it. Glad I did.

OP
OP
S

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great hunt. Pulling two great items of that small size tells me you're doing something right. Great job
Thanks Ahab8, The T2 SE felt really good that day and maybe I had some good carma. Persistence always helps.

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ahab8, The T2 SE felt really good that day and maybe I had some good carma. Persistence always helps.
Ah yes! The T2 SE... I could go on for hours about mine. Great example of how they sniff out the smallest of items. I absolutely love mine and can't wait for this damn snow here in Maine to disappear. Hope you and your killer machine have many more great finds to show

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread