What's new

Unknown brass piece

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I dug this up the other day hunting NC. Any Ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 115_1223.webp
    115_1223.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 375
  • 115_1224.webp
    115_1224.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 366
Looks like part of a window latch.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Part of a toilet flushing mechanism?

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Part of a toilet flushing mechanism?

DCMatt

I agree that it is a ball-float valve - but it could be off any water storage system, such as a toilet cistern, animal water trough.

A cool find - it looks very old. :thumbsup:
I did a quick search to find a pic, but more modern ball-float valves look very different although they use exactly the same principle. Contemporary cisterns have done away with the float-ball and lever-arm entirely.
Mike
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom