What's new

Unknown gold symbol - sorority?

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
1,582
Reaction score
1,746
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can’t figure out what this little pin is. It looks like a sorority type pin. It’s 14k with enamel and tiny seed pearls. I thought the top shape was maybe a pagoda or a Greek letter? But then why the globe? Maybe some inter-Americas group? I don’t wanna scrap it if it’s something interesting. Thanks for your help.
 

Attachments

  • 0E1B5767-2E4C-40DF-9CB4-E6B91FD480D9.webp
    0E1B5767-2E4C-40DF-9CB4-E6B91FD480D9.webp
    190 KB · Views: 84
  • E9645698-3AB7-4016-AA0C-A6C5D0176693.webp
    E9645698-3AB7-4016-AA0C-A6C5D0176693.webp
    410.7 KB · Views: 65
It's shaped like a Torii gate. But the globe shows the western hemisphere... ???:icon_scratch::dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
It is a Torii gate, and those could be Akoya pearls? That's all I know??
 
Upvote 0
Is the manufacturer's name, logo or symbol on the reverse?
Don....

thanks all re Torii gate. Mackaydon unfortunately there is no makers mark on the back.
 
Upvote 0
I grew up on military bases and was stationed on military bases world wide, even lived in Okinawa, Japan. There was always some type of heritage clubs or Joint American and Local friendship clubs.

With all that history BS out of they way, I wonder if it might be some sort of Japanese Heritage Club pin, for Japanese descendants living in the US or Western Hemisphere.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom