What's new

Unknown gun?

kuger

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
9,732
Reaction score
2,803
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend asked me to find out what I could on this pistol.He referred to it as a "Lemon Squeeze)It also has U.S.X. stamped on it?Any idea what that could mean??Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • gun2.webp
    gun2.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 462
  • gun1.webp
    gun1.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 455
smith & Wesson 38 safety hammerless 4th model (lemon squeezer)with United States Express Co. markings.

Although, it differs in stamp locations from what I just researched...
 
Upvote 0
Man Jim BLAZING!!!I am pretty savvy about guns,but this one was new to me!Thanks!!!Now.....I am going to really sound stupid,what is th e U.S. Express???
 
Upvote 0
I guess it was that easy!!! :laughing7:I see its a trucking Co.I guess some trucker was packin'for protection!Thanks again he will be happy to know that :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
smith & Wesson 38 safety hammerless 4th model (lemon squeezer)with United States Express Co. markings.

Although, it differs in stamp locations from what I just researched...
Good call. I had a TOC .25 that looked just like it but had an owl in place of the logo. Its definitely S&W. Hammerless with automatic shell ejector, nickel finish, hard rubber grips, sold for 13 bucks in 1909 from Sears Roebuck.
 

Attachments

  • S&W logo.webp
    S&W logo.webp
    2.7 KB · Views: 368
  • MVC-013S.webp
    MVC-013S.webp
    57 KB · Views: 406
Upvote 0
Awesome gun Kuger, tell your friend it is unique, would like to have that my self, Ken.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Guys!My friend has a museum of stuff,that I would love to have myself ;DHe pulled this gun off the wall....I never even noticed it.He has been metal detecting for many years and has stuff even the "pro",would dream about,pretty amazing.Thanks again to all.P.S he found a Sharps pistol...you ought to see that beauty,it has four barrels!
 
Upvote 0
The .32 is the rarer of the two. Most of them are so loose and shakey they can't or shouldn't be fired. This example looks shootable however. Is it tight when you close the action? Monty
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
The .32 is the rarer of the two. Most of them are so loose and shakey they can't or shouldn't be fired. This example looks shootable however. Is it tight when you close the action? Monty
YES IT IS TIGHT MONTY,I WAS SURPRISED WHAT NICE SHAPE IT IS AS WELL.IT WAS A GIFT TO HIM YEARS AGO.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom