What's new

✅ SOLVED Unknown heavy metal(iron) piece

hhtoyboy

Greenie
Joined
Aug 16, 2018
Messages
10
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bluffton, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This piece was found within one mile of a civil war battlefield. It appears to be iron, attracted to a magnet, weighs 3.4 ounces(very heavy for its size). Any help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2052.webp
    DSCN2052.webp
    102 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN2050.webp
    DSCN2050.webp
    102.1 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN2051.webp
    DSCN2051.webp
    130.9 KB · Views: 76
I was kinda thinking some sort of handle as well.
 
Upvote 0
Iron mans turd
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hard to tell with that picture gotta clean it up more
 
Upvote 0
Tony hit it on the head. Large chain link and the spot in the middle is where the link was welded closed. Doesn't look hand forged.
 
Upvote 0
I love Iron Man's turd, but I have to go with Tony on the chain link. That never entered my mind. Thanks all for your input
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom