What's new

Unknown Iron piece-Now known thanks Creskol

Breezie

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
2,120
Golden Thread
1
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I found this unknown iron piece in the same area as a S & Co. 1850's padlock, a correctional mule shoe, iron carriage step, CW iron buckle & CW butt plate. Any one have any ideas about this one? Thanks, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • IronLoop1.webp
    IronLoop1.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 297
  • IronLoop2.webp
    IronLoop2.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 290
  • IronLoop3.webp
    IronLoop3.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 283
truckinbutch said:
Iron hardware for horsedrawn implements is forged to the same general shape for a given area . The size of the piece often denotes whether it was used for draft or deceleration and guidance .
That piece shows wear evenly from a ring rubbing constantly while being suspended from a horse's neck rather than being drawn against .
Had I spent more time learning computers than working horses I could post examples to make it easier for all to understand .
My bad ....
Jim

Thank you Jim for your detailed explanation. This is one thing I love about TN, I learn something every day! :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Ur welcome , Breezie . I just wish I were literate enough to share more with the great folks here in a manner that would be easier for them to understand .
Jim
 
Upvote 0
truckinbutch said:
Ur welcome , Breezie . I just wish I were literate enough to share more with the great folks here in a manner that would be easier for them to understand .
Jim
Made perfect sense to me Jim - don't knock yourself; you say it is as it is and it's up to us interested people to have sufficient knowledge to understand the subject.
and
Breezie said:
kyphote said:
Breezie said:
I found this piece of pottery in the same hole as the singletree. It's definitely not our Momma's cookware! LOL Breezie

Ok, I almost fell over when I saw your china. Here's the piece of flow blue I found with my assembly (which also measures 4 inches tall by the way). The coincidences don't stop! :laughing7:

WOW! That is so amazing it's almost spooky! :thumbsup:
I enjoy examples of coincidence and also synchronicity. :headbang:
I hope you realise, if a third example of that pairing turns up, we can consider it a Miracle; and one of the finders will be named a Saint. ;D
Mike
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom