Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, i found this a couple weeks ago. It came up as 11 on my nox. I found at a home site that prob 1890 to 1930. but it is about 1" round and 3.25". A magnet will not stick to it. on the parts that are not cracked up it is very smooth. It come up to .499 grams. What would this have gone to or what was it used for? Does anyone have an idea? I have dug hot rocks but this has a shape like it was used for something.

unk rock 1.jpg unk rock 2.jpg unk rock 3.jpg

unk rock 4.jpg unk rock 5.jpg unk rock 6.jpg

unk rock 7.jpg

SlateBeltDigger

Sep 30, 2020
Bangor, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it heavy and metallic feeling? I'm just spitballing here, but it looks like a piece of broken bit used in quarries. I find things like that here in my area where quarries and slate work built the area from scratch.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
erfranks

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it heavy and metallic feeling? I'm just spitballing here, but it looks like a piece of broken bit used in quarries. I find things like that here in my area where quarries and slate work built the area from scratch.
it is not heavy at all, it does feel the same as slate, it does not leave a mark on paper like coal... it weighs 50 grams, or 17.5 oz. it did look like it was completely round 1" in dia. but has been broken and chipped i guess from plows and such. if it is slate, you think it was heated up or something, and that made it a hot rock?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
erfranks

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, that make sense… can carbon be picked up with metal detector or because it got hot is the reason it was it is able to be picked up

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread