J jnicholes Hero Member Joined Mar 11, 2017 Messages 530 Reaction score 1,828 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 21, 2020 #1 Found this while digging in my backyard. Weighs 0.53 grams and is approximately 5mm by 5mm by 3mm. Not perfectly rectangular. Not sure what it is. Can’t tell if it’s stone or metal. It’s shiny and pretty, though! Any ideas? Jared
Found this while digging in my backyard. Weighs 0.53 grams and is approximately 5mm by 5mm by 3mm. Not perfectly rectangular. Not sure what it is. Can’t tell if it’s stone or metal. It’s shiny and pretty, though! Any ideas? Jared
old digger Gold Member Joined Jan 15, 2012 Messages 7,553 Reaction score 7,437 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Detector(s) used White's MXT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 21, 2020 #2 Looks like galena. It should flake off in small pieces. Upvote 0
J jnicholes Hero Member Joined Mar 11, 2017 Messages 530 Reaction score 1,828 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 22, 2020 Thread Owner #3 I’m sorry, but it’s not flaking in small pieces. I don’t think that’s correct. I honestly think it’s pyrite, but I’m not sure. Upvote 0
I’m sorry, but it’s not flaking in small pieces. I don’t think that’s correct. I honestly think it’s pyrite, but I’m not sure.
RustyGold Gold Member Joined Aug 16, 2013 Messages 9,510 Reaction score 11,223 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern California Detector(s) used XP Deus I & II Xterra Elite Xterra Pro Primary Interest: Other Dec 22, 2020 #4 Is it magnetic? Upvote 0
J jnicholes Hero Member Joined Mar 11, 2017 Messages 530 Reaction score 1,828 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 22, 2020 Thread Owner #5 Nope. Upvote 0
J jnicholes Hero Member Joined Mar 11, 2017 Messages 530 Reaction score 1,828 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 22, 2020 Thread Owner #6 RustyGold said: Is it magnetic? Click to expand... Sorry, forgot to quote you. No, not magnetic. Upvote 0
wainzoid Bronze Member Joined Jan 29, 2007 Messages 1,053 Reaction score 1,565 Golden Thread 0 Location morrisons cove = smell our dairy air Dec 22, 2020 #7 At least you know it's metric. Upvote 0
J jnicholes Hero Member Joined Mar 11, 2017 Messages 530 Reaction score 1,828 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 22, 2020 Thread Owner #8 I’m going to do some intense mathematics to figure out what the specific gravity is, that may narrow down what it might be. Upvote 0
I’m going to do some intense mathematics to figure out what the specific gravity is, that may narrow down what it might be.
old digger Gold Member Joined Jan 15, 2012 Messages 7,553 Reaction score 7,437 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Detector(s) used White's MXT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 22, 2020 #9 There is not that much difference between pyrite and galena except color. Upvote 0
C crashbandicoot Gold Member Joined Sep 27, 2020 Messages 12,416 Reaction score 27,529 Golden Thread 0 Location Dumas,AR Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 25, 2020 #10 jnicholes said: I’m going to do some intense mathematics to figure out what the specific gravity is, that may narrow down what it might be. Click to expand... If math is involved I.m outta here! Upvote 0
jnicholes said: I’m going to do some intense mathematics to figure out what the specific gravity is, that may narrow down what it might be. Click to expand... If math is involved I.m outta here!