What's new

Unknown

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
At first when I dug this I thought, " face plate to an old wood golf driver. But I don't think so.
Any clues?
 

Attachments

  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    108.5 KB · Views: 515
4-H said:
At first when I dug this I thought, " face plate to an old wood golf driver. But I don't think so.
Any clues?

Darn if it doesn't looks like a faceplate though.
 
Upvote 0
In the top pic the holes are counter-sunk so that the flat head screws would be flush with the surface. Could be a face plate for a head...or a head plate for a face ::) ::) :tongue3:. Tony
 
Upvote 0
Yeap face plate :icon_thumright:

Green check please ;D
 
Upvote 0
The shape dosent look right for a club face plate
And why so many screw holes?
Tap shoe plate?
how thick, is it flat, edges sort of look beveled?
Whats the other side look like?
Brady
 
Upvote 0
I don't think it's a face plate to a golf club either. What does the other side look like Are there any marks, indentations or anything that could have been left by what it was screwed to?
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
I don't think it's a face plate to a golf club either. What does the other side look like Are there any marks, indentations or anything that could have been left by what it was screwed to?
No, there sure isn't partner. It sure could be the bottom of a "clogging" shoe very prominent in these mountains practiced still today...Not by me though!
 
Upvote 0
You ID'ed yourself Mike :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom