What's new

unkonw coin ?????????

hotrodtek

Greenie
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
hendersonville,nc
Detector(s) used
e-trac
i found this at myrtle beach this week and cant find out what it is it has no writing on it any idea would be cool
 

Attachments

  • Zi6_9865.webp
    Zi6_9865.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 236
Welcome to the forum from one Tarheel to another. I hope you don't mind, but I reduced the size of your pic, and did a vertical flip. If you could give us some more info, it would be helpful like the size, where you found it (on the beach or not?), what it is made out of, etc. I'd like to see a pic of the back of it. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • Zi6_9865.webp
    Zi6_9865.webp
    29 KB · Views: 367
Upvote 0
looks like some kind of metro token from japan or alike??
 
Upvote 0
the token size is slitly bigger than a quarter and the back is the same it looks to be made like some mexican peso are with a copper center , i did find it on the beach ,and brezzie i dont mind i need to learn how to do that ...thanx
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet hotrodtek :hello:

Maybe casino or hotel parking token?

Marking on reverse identical?
 
Upvote 0
back is the same but the I looks to have one short line and a long line i too have come to think it may be a casino token
 
Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

In simplified Chinese, that’s the character for “river”, so I would guess it’s a transport token for some kind of ferry operation.

江

As I understand it, although it means “river” (or “waterway”) in the general sense, it would also be commonly interpreted without further qualification to refer to the Yangtse River.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
564

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom