Unsearched Site!

alpha78

Dec 6, 2007
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White`s dfx
When I was fourteen my parents moved from 26 mile over near New Haven to a farm west of Romeo. Behind our farm there was an old mill pond and the remains of a dam. The pond was empty and had been for many years. In talking to people who lived near us I learned that an old mill had stood on that site. The mill was built sometime in the 1820`s and was in use until the 1930`s. The year that I learned all this was 1965.

Fast foward to the present, I now live in Kentucky and have no plans to return to Michigan to hunt. But I feel that this would be a very good site as it is still undeveloped. If anyone is interested, I would be more then willing to give the location.

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
I work out in macomb at 23 and hayes , doesnt sound like its too far , would be awesum if you could give me a bit of info on this , i havent found any virgin sites as of yet.

DanTheman

OP
OP
A

alpha78

Dec 6, 2007
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White`s dfx
Starting at Romeo, go west on 32 mile road for (4) miles. Just after you pass the Ross Apple Orchard the road will cross Stoney Creek. The old mill site is approxamately 1800 feet north of that point. There is a fairly upscale subdivision on our old farm site and the mill site is behind that subdivision. There is a road that runs fairly up the middle of the subdivision and its name is Pine River Rd. If one were to follow that road to its end you would be within about 500 feet of the site.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Sounds like a site that would hold some great stuff. I would go gonzo if I ever dug a large cent. If that site were accessible, who knows,,,,,,,,,,, ?

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may also want to go to http://maps.live.com.

I have not found out a way to give a direct link as it is different then Gogglemaps, but you can get in a wee bit closer. Go there and type in Romeo, Michigan, then scroll the map left a bit and zoom in. You may have to click on the Aerial button on the top of the map bar. You can follow the highway close up until you see Pine River Road.

Alpha78, you recognize any of the area? Hopefully there is not a house on the site now.

I am not ever going to go there, heck, I hardly have time to get to the local park, but I thought that this may help someone else. So if anyone goes there please post your story.

Good Luck,

Scott (MI)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread