Unusal Find In a Brinks Box

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pick up bank uses Brinks. The last dozen boxes have been horrible, 75% of them have been short coins with the worst one being $3.50 short. Anyway last Friday the box had something special in it. I found 2 1946 Booker T Washington halfs. They were well circulated but to find 2 in the same box was pretty cool. They were the only silver in the box. Since than, the boxes are back to normal, no silver & short at least 1 coin.

HH Everyone

Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
When I posted some of those boxes for me were as much as $13.50 short I was told to quit complaining by folks on this forum. I said 26 coins is a big deal and that was the worst, many were only 3 to 6 bucks short. That was a string of boxes, 8 in a row. I switched banks and stopped buying Brinks short boxes.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there that short i would tell the bank they will give you the short money!! Thats to much i was short 2 ikes once and the head teller gave me the coins.That was out of 400 i got from her.This bank is good friends with me.

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim,
Not too long ago this was a response given for being short a roll of halves from a box.

Even if it was off $20 i would not say any thing. I have been short rolls of halfs be for.Its all good. As long as your having fun!!!

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly who cares what other people think. Not all banks are the same. If you have a good relationship with your bank, then politely tell them that you were shorted. I'm sure they would not care. If you keep getting shorted, notify the bank because maybe the other boxes in other denominations are coming up short as well. Personally, I would just take the hit because I do not want to take the chance of ruffling any bank's feathers. I'm assuming this is the approach most people take.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just roll the halves back up in their original wrappers and replace the ones I take out, so short in, short out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread