Unusual Barber

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
My cousin Tim called me last night all excited about finding his Barber half in one of his boxes and said, "Boy, isn't that unusual?" I said no it is not unusual to find a half dollar, even a rarer one, in a box full of half dollars when you are looking for half dollars.

Going to the bank yesterday, I stopped to pick up my nephew so he could sit in my truck while I left it running at the bank. If I turn it off once it is warmed up it won't start unless it sits for 1/2 to a hour, not sure if it is the starter or solenoid, it is my work truck so I usually have no problem letting it sit and cool down or my wife comes and sits in it while I run in.

When I got out of the bank my nephew was holding his wallet and looking through it, showing me a plastic zippered pouch and where the plastic had split, he was all excited when he told me about how he had gone to a Walmart self service counter and his change had been exactly one dime. He said as soon as he looked at it he knew it was different and started saying how it said one dime with a wreath around it. He knows I CRH and asked how much it was worth, I said at least 2-2.20 for the silver, he said it was worn but not too bad as he described what was on it. He said it must have fallen out in his truck or at home and was going to look for it.

I gave my nephew a War nickel so he would know what they look like and instead he finds a Barber, hopefully he finds it again.

I told Tim that I would call finding a Barber at a Walmart Self Service lane unusual. He said I was just being negative.

Upvote 0
minkybodl said:
Going to the bank yesterday, I stopped to pick up my nephew so he could sit in my truck while I left it running at the bank. If I turn it off once it is warmed up it won't start unless it sits for 1/2 to a hour, not sure if it is the starter or solenoid, it is my work truck so I usually have no problem letting it sit and cool down or my wife comes and sits in it while I run in.

If your truck is Fuel Injected check your fuel pressure regulator. If it is bad it could cause over pressure and make your truck run rich...and the root of your problem....when off your injectors will leak into the intake when the truck is off and flood up the mess. Had that same problem on a big block Ford F250 of my father-in-laws. He was thinking all the same lines you were until I bought the $7 regulator for him to prove him wrong.

Thanks, it is a fuel injected 302, but the problem is that it doesn't want to crank over like the battery is dead or the motor was overheated and tight, both of which I don't think it is. It is an old 88 F-150 that I had a problem last year with it shutting off after 10 minutes of driving and then it would start back up in about 20-30 minutes and get me home. I put a new inline fuel pump on it but it still kept shutting down. Finally I took the fuel cap off and it has run fine since, the cap wasn't venting. It is so old, almost 200k on it, that it could be almost anything.

Two years ago I changed a 10 dollar relay and after 800 for a new throttle body sensor and 2 weeks of checking the guy at the garage was so proud of himself, "I finally found it, you had a bad relay." I was like I told you that was the only thing that was done to the truck. I had bought a bad relay from Autozone.

Thanks again for the ideal. Usually cheaper just to replace things than paying someone else check it but it is also hard to find it when it is not really broken.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back