What's new

Unusual bell & pocket watch

fishstick

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2012
Messages
3,341
Reaction score
12,238
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy y'all, decided to tweak some settings on my D2 and hunt my side yard between thunderstorms. Only swung for 15 minutes or so but pulled a couple of keepers. One being a bell design I'm not familiar with, thgt it was a smashed crotel but after cleaning it could tell it wasn't. Any thgts? HH
494.webp
495.webp
496.webp
 
Upvote 14
Thank ya E
 
Oh and the clapper still works in it
 
From digging 100+ intact crotal bells I've never dug or seen one like that. VERY COOL😎
Congratulations
Thank ya Pep!!! yeah same here and I can't find any info on it.
 
I recall seeing bells like that fastened to driving horse tack, lots of them spaced along a strap or harness. They jingle loudly when the horse moves. I think they were widely used when horses were the main means of transportation. I've seen them on modern driving harnesses in fairs, all shined up.
 
I recall seeing bells like that fastened to driving horse tack, lots of them spaced along a strap or harness. They jingle loudly when the horse moves. I think they were widely used when horses were the main means of transportation. I've seen them on modern driving harnesses in fairs, all shined up.
Thx Almy! Yeah I can't seem to find another one the same shape.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom