What's new

Unusual object 3 feet down in beach sand

Surfview

Full Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2012
Messages
105
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Marineland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What is this? I don't think it's modern trash, but I guess it could be. The material is sort of hard clay with some metal. Strong metal signal on the detector. The brown colored portion in the middle picture appears to be some type of thin metal plating.
 

Attachments

  • image-2993113013.webp
    image-2993113013.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 183
  • image-3965054550.webp
    image-3965054550.webp
    77.3 KB · Views: 159
  • image-1167245582.webp
    image-1167245582.webp
    59 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I have no clue, but I am going to have to agree with Isabellasea..looks like it came from up above haha Good luck!
 
Upvote 0
Interesting. What ever it is, at least you can say that you have one!
 
Upvote 0
Looks like concrete that was against an iron strap. The rectangle looks like a 2 x 4 was against it. Should be about 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" if so. But it could be something old, maybe some more pics?
 
Upvote 0
Agree w/ stevemc

Looks like something cast in place w/ metal backing and it probably contains metal rebar, lath or anchors

Might be part of (or a repair to) a bridge, foundation, seawall or pier
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom