Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a permission to hunt a 1907 house that's being restored. The house looks like it should be dozed and not repaired to me, and they de-shingled the roof and just threw the nails on the ground all around the house so it was a pretty tough hunt.
Pulled three wheats, a Cluso X auto trunk badge, an odd jewelry item(?) and a silver thimble.
The thimble looks quite odd to me because there are no dimples on it. It has the initials L.N.H. engraved on it.
IMG_5598.jpeg

It was a bit smashed as found but straightened up pretty well.
IMG_5579.jpeg

The jewelry(?) item is pretty strange looking to me as well. It's plain and smooth on the back, as is the Cluso badge.
IMG_5597.jpeg

Getting hot again, so it's back to Tahoe tomorrow for a water hunt.

Upvote 23

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a permission to hunt a 1907 house that's being restored. The house looks like it should be dozed and not repaired to me, and they de-shingled the roof and just threw the nails on the ground all around the house so it was a pretty tough hunt.
Pulled three wheats, a Cluso X auto trunk badge, an odd jewelry item(?) and a silver thimble.
The thimble looks quite odd to me because there are no dimples on it. It has the initials L.N.H. engraved on it.
View attachment 2101118

View attachment 2101119

The jewelry(?) item is pretty strange looking to me as well. It's plain and smooth on the back, as is the Cluso badge.
View attachment 2101120

Very nice
Congratulations
Best of luck on the next water hunt

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2101118

View attachment 2101119

View attachment 2101120

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2101118

View attachment 2101119

View attachment 2101120

Nice recovery on the silver thimble.
It really looks like it had seen lots of use before being lost.
There are different styles that have no dimples, just a design.
In this case that design just has been erased from the countless hours of being used.
Certainly a top shelf find in my books-congrats.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe not a thimble? possibly a cane tip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread