Unusual Stering Ring.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this silver ring yesterday in a public lawn while working along the edge of a cement walkway. It has an unusual, deliberately angled, flower design with a mother-of-pearl inset that I don't see too often. It is marked .925 and "NP." Don't know if it is Native American made or not, maybe our esteemed TNet jewelry friends could advise? Thanks for looking, and Happy Hunting to all. Sub 8-)

MOPring1.jpg

Upvote 24
That's a nice one Sub. Congrats.

Rings ALWAYS make me happy, very cool looking ring ‘Sub

2A132B90-75FC-494A-B711-D43586DAC794.jpeg

Congratulations on the nice ring recovery! :occasion14:

Nice ring, Sub. Not sure about the Native American manufacture as the Native American rings that I have usually have some turquoise on them.

Lovely find!

Could you photograph MOP closer? Something inside me whispers Abalone pearl, not MOP

That could narrow it to S. CA or Mexico.

Awesome ring

Instead of an angled flower design it might be depicting a chiefs headdress so good possibility Native made although turquoise would seem to be choice of stone if Native American but I have a Native American made ring that has turquoise, coral,MOP and onyx so stone could be what Silversmith liked best with their design.

Lovely find!

Could you photograph MOP closer? Something inside me whispers Abalone pearl, not MOP

That could narrow it to S. CA or Mexico.

Molewacker, I wish I could but my cell phone camera doesn't like to zoom in much closer. I think you are correct on the abalone shell (fake MOP) insert. Thanks for the info. Sub

very cool no matter what plus very nice. sweet

That is unusual looking, nice ring! Congrats!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Very nice bling.:icon_thumleft:

Very nice dig! Older stuff is so pretty IMO.

Way to go Sub, nice ring!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back